Author Topic: Macmillan Cancer Support Concert  (Read 1026 times)

Chrisb8826

Macmillan Cancer Support Concert
« on: 22:50:30, 11/07/14 »
Good evening everyone,
I am organising a concert in aid of macmillan cancer support and would love to know people's views on it.
It'll be next year and like an outside concert (a bit like these party in the park concerts) I'm hoping, I want it to be as big as possible to raise as much awareness as possible.
I'm not sure on artists yet but if anyone knows any bands that would like to get involved or and organisations that could help out with anything from catering to the big stuff like stage hire.
Please could people let me know what you think?
Thanks. Chris

Cupcake

Re: Macmillan Cancer Support Concert
« Reply #1 on: 23:12:37, 20/07/14 »
Not sure what happened - I definitely posted and I'm sure someone else replied.... Anyway, what I said was that this is a mighty project and will need a fair bit of upfront funding money and a lot of helpers.  Even if venue and bands are free, you will still need a whole swathe of permissions, licences, permits and inspections.  Not to menion everything from Public Liability insurance and policing to Portaloos......My advice to you is to find someone that has done it before and get them to walk you through the whole process before you start.  Best of luck!  :)
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.