Author Topic: Smith Humphery Sandbach and Hulme of Northenden and Didsbury  (Read 4345 times)

Anita

SMITH HUMPHERY NORTHENDEN WITHINGTON DIDSBURY

I found this site yesterday and put on my first post. I was born and brought up in Didsbury, but moved away many years ago. During my research I have been back a number of time. 

I  would like to contact the relatives or anyone that may have information on the following people.

My Gt Grandparents (Smiths) had a large family and lived on  Royal Green Road, they were: 1911 Census, children Ernest, Mary, Harry, Annie, George, Thomas, Edwin, Frank, Hilda,

Robert Humphrey and Marian Humphrey nee Smith. Married in Bucklow 1920. Marian Humphrey's died in 2005 and Robert Humphrey's  died 1980. In the same grave lies  George  and Esie Smith, Parents of  of Marian. All four are buried in St Wilfred's Northenden. They lived at Brown/Brett Street Northenden.

Thomas and Edith  Married July 1930, St Paul's, Withington, Manchester. I believe they had one child who they named Kenneth

On the wedding certificate of Thomas and Edith, there parents names and address were
 Thomas Smith, Father, George Smith, Joiner, 20 Royal Green Road Northenden 
 Edith Smith, nee Smith, Father Walter Smith, 26 Oak Bank Avenue Withington, Window Cleaner.

The witnesses to the marriage of Thomas and Edith, were George Smith, Irene smith and Winifred Smith

Edwin married Dorothy Swadling and lived in Didsbury. they went on to have 10 children

I am also wanting information the decedents of William Rogers Sandbach died age 25 and his wife Elizabeth Sandbach nee Hulme, who married my Gt granddad Swadling after she  became a widow. They had 3 children Dorothy Smith (My Grandma) Mary Winifred and Cyril Swadling 

Your help is very much appreciated.

mrseddie

Hi Anita, a lot of people in your post could still be alive, I'm not sure what the criteria is for searching for them with privacy laws. Our Moderator will know. How sad that William Rogers Sandbach died so young at 25, his death record states he was living in Burnage. There is a baptism record St Margaret's for his son John Wm 12/12 1894 father as a labourer in Burnage mother Elizabeth.
Ditto for Percy 29/9/1895.
It doesn't say father deceased.
Mrs Eddie

migky

Hi Anita, I'm not sure what the criteria is for searching for them with privacy laws. Our Moderator will know.
Mrs Eddie

As far as i know there has never been any criteria for posting & search for people on this forum, living or dead.
Nothing in the forum rules to say any different. This forum is much the same as many forum, Facebook & Friends reunited.
As this is not the first time you have mentioned this, are you trying to get it implemented on here?

Migky  ???
I'm a bit like Marmite

Anita

Dear Mrs Eddie,

Thank you very much for your reply. So much information on the Sandbach line. I did not know that there was another son named Percy. With genealogy there is always something new around the corner!

Please can I trouble you with a few additional queries:

Is St Margaret's, Burnage Catholic or Church of England?

Were you able to find cause of death for William Rogers?

Would it be possible for you to direct me to the site where you got the information from, and then perhaps I can copy and paste into my family tree?

Many thanks for your help

Anita

Thank you MIGSY for your reply.

migky

Thank you MIGSY for your reply.

Is St Margaret's, Burnage Catholic or Church of England?

Link to St Margaret's, Burnage

Migk;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

mrseddie

Hi Migky, what do you mean about getting implanted here??
Please expand.
I am being cautious as always with every genie forum.
Copyright laws, living people.
Would never overstep the mark.
Mrseddie

mrseddie

Hi Anita, sad news about little Percy he died in 1895 4th qtr aged 2 years.
Mrseddie

migky

It may be confusing, the bottom line is we should not post on a public forum details of living people. They are entitled to their privacy. There are other ways through Facebook /Genes Reunited etc to make contact.
Mrseddie

Hi I'm not sure what the protocol is in the forum about looking for living relatives.
I'm sure someone will advise.
You understand we have to be careful these days because of privacy laws.
Cheers
mrseddie

As these people may still be alive, I'm not sure of the critera here in the forum about listing information.
I'll wait for our moderator to have a look.
Cheers
mrseddie

Hi Roz  :)
Looking for living relatives can be difficult because of privacy laws.
You have George in 1891 & 1901 and the census 10 yrs later when he has been married 7yrs, no kiddies?

mrseddie

You seem to state that any living person can not be published on this forum.
As you can see from your previous posts, you have mentioned this many many time and if there was a problem the forum mod & owner would have stated what can be posted relating to living people.
Your going to have to show me these privacy laws relating to putting details of living people on line. Facebook & F.R. would not work if this was the case. The electoral roll and other sites that publish personal details on line, paid or unpaid for would not be aloud.

Your idea comes from what some other forums and site list in there T & C's . This is not one of those forum and is the Manchester forum. I'm sure i will be corrected by the forum owner if different.

Migky 
I'm a bit like Marmite

mrseddie

For the peeps, Elizabeth Sandbach nee Hulme married Walter Amos Swadling  St James Disbury in March qtr 1898. Lancs BMD/Free BMD.

Oznannie

mrseddie

Hi Migky you still haven't answered my question
Hi Migky, what do you mean about getting implanted here??
Please expand
Mrseddie

migky

Well you seem to bring up the same subject every time someone posts anything of possible living people?
I'm sure the powers that be would edit/modify/moderate if there was a problem posting about possible living people?
If you feel so strongly about this, you should just not reply to any post what ever the subject that might relate to living people?

Migky  ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

mrseddie

Point taken. I won't reply to recent searches.
Mrseddie