Author Topic: Murray wins at Queens  (Read 808 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Murray wins at Queens
« on: 17:35:23, 21/06/15 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/33215534   -  video

Andy Murray wins fourth Queen's Club title with two wins in a day
By Piers Newbery
 BBC Sport at Queen's Club Andy Murray joined the likes of John McEnroe and Boris Becker as a four-time Queen's Club champion with an impressive victory over Kevin Anderson.

The British number one played superbly to win 6-3 6-4 in just 64 minutes at the Aegon Championships in London.

Murray, the top seed, had earlier finished a rain-delayed semi-final, beating Viktor Troicki 6-3 7-6 (7-4).

"I played better as the week went on and hopefully I can continue that into Wimbledon," the 28-year-old said.

Wimbledon 2015 on the BBC 
Live coverage across BBC TV, radio and online starts on 29 June with 153 hours of tennis scheduled and up to 15 live streams available.

Read more: BBC coverage bigger than ever before

"I tried to play each point and come up with some great shots. I had to play that way if I wanted to win today."

The Scot also won the title in 2009, 2011 and 2013, and he will hope to repeat his effort of two years ago when he went on to make it a grass-court double at Wimbledon.

"It's great preparation obviously, but I think it has only happened six times where someone has won Queen's and gone on to win Wimbledon," Murray added.

"There are no guarantees that winning here gives you a Wimbledon title."

He can head to the All England Club in confident mood after dismantling the big-serving game of 6ft 8in Anderson.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing