Author Topic: windows 10 upgrade  (Read 1672 times)

lozflan

windows 10 upgrade
« on: 13:58:05, 29/07/15 »
Took over 1 1/2 hrs to complete 4 stages. Am familiar with tiles, but the one used for Forum disappeared.
Cortana did,nt pick up on the word Forum.
It,s like learning tasks afresh.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

lozflan

Re: windows 10 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 12:03:11, 30/07/15 »
I expected every thing to work right away,which it did,nt, but things are now catching up.

shapedinlet

« Reply #2 on: 20:19:36, 01/08/15 »
I'm just about to install it myself, I hope it's worth it.  Let me know how you get on with yours :)

Manx

« Reply #3 on: 11:04:47, 02/08/15 »
 >:(

After upgrading to windows 10, i stuck with it for two days until i decided enough was enough, i conscientiously objected to the permanent snooping and use of my private data. It's in the eula, it seems i had agreed to it.

(per techworm net)...

“Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.”

“We may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility” and “use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing.”

“If you open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes any use [of]it for purposes such as improving performance, or [if you]enter text, we may collect typed characters, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spell check features.”

It seems likely that the US and UK governments have agreed to this, no wonder it's for free.

I found it morally unacceptable to use and therefore did a full reformat and reverted back to Win-7 with it's traditional layout and conditions, which coincidently now seems to be running better than ever.

shapedinlet

« Reply #4 on: 12:56:48, 02/08/15 »
Hi there, I've not read the EULA or the Terms & Conditions, but from what you've said that sounds like bog standard stuff to me, the kind of stuff you have to take for granted when using electronic devices that manipulate and collect information about you and what you do and it's what the internet is all about, without those things happening in the background nothing would work the way it does today.  It's all designed to make our experience better and easier, but yes I totally agree that it is all a bit too much "Big Brother" for my liking, but unfortunately it's the way the world operates.  Just be thankful that at least you have the choice to either accept the EULA and use the product or decline it and try using something else instead, with most things you don't even get that choice and the information is collected and used without informing you or asking for your agreement in the first place, just bear that in mind when you next log into you emails and send an email to somebody, or whatever really :)

shapedinlet

« Reply #5 on: 12:57:42, 02/08/15 »
Oh and Windows 10 took just under an hour to install on my machine last night, now I just have to actually find some time to make use of it, lol :P

lozflan

« Reply #6 on: 06:17:41, 05/08/15 »
They say,information collected is to see how you use it and to make your experience of use better.
They are not supposed to share,so I,m not bothered.