Author Topic: Placemate 7  (Read 3628 times)

Lily Blake

Placemate 7
« on: 08:45:27, 22/08/15 »
Placemate in the 1970s  Friday and Saturday nights in Manchester - the best!  Start in the Dive bar (Portland Hotel) Piccadilly then over to The Boardroom and then The Young Pretender before Placemate.  Gary Davis was the nephew of the owner and gave me a job working behind the bar in room 1.  We would sometimes venture into the bigger room when there was an act on.  Anyone remember seeing Jim (nick nick Davidson at Placemate before his fame?  Loved the music  Very sad to learn it's been knocked down.  My friend Lynn and I (Wendy) had great times in Manchester .   

Syntax Error

Re: Placemate 7
« Reply #1 on: 13:31:35, 05/04/21 »
Placemate in the 1970s  Friday and Saturday nights in Manchester - the best!  Start in the Dive bar (Portland Hotel) Piccadilly then over to The Boardroom and then The Young Pretender before Placemate.  Gary Davis was the nephew of the owner and gave me a job working behind the bar in room 1.  We would sometimes venture into the bigger room when there was an act on.  Anyone remember seeing Jim (nick nick Davidson at Placemate before his fame?  Loved the music  Very sad to learn it's been knocked down.  My friend Lynn and I (Wendy) had great times in Manchester .
That was the very first nightclub I went to as a 16 year old.
I went a couple of times after for special events, like Mike Shaft V The Master Jam MDs, which was a brilliant night, but it wasn't a regular haunt of mine after I started to club it regularly.