Author Topic: Chorlton High School Lower school and upper school 1966 - 1972  (Read 5706 times)

Lily Blake

Anybody go to Chorlton High School  in the  mid 1960s?   Headmaster Mr Crofts .  I had loads of class mates and we kept in touch until about 1973  by writing letters!  No mobiles or email back then.  My name is Wendy  and I think  I was in Form B throughout my education and then a 6th form prefect.  During 6week school holidays courses would run for hockey and be held at Nell Lane playing fields which is wear we would okay our home games for the school team.

LindaMancunian

I went to Chorlton High School circa 1965-1969, started off in the lower school and went to new Upper School in year 3 I think which by then was called Wilbraham High School.

Linda

Lily Blake

Hi Linda.  I think Wilbraham High School was a different school and it was one of my options when choosing my secondary. School. 

A. Thompson

This sounds like Wendy rimmer . I am trying to find people from this period.

Lily Blake

Hi Alan .  It is who you think.  How on earth do you remember me from all those years ago?  What form were you in?   Have you found anyone apart from me?

A. Thompson

Not into all this technology - don’t do Facebook but you will see me on LinkedIn.i.m looking for various people from CHS - I had an old friend find me after 40 years this week ! Although not a CHS pupil.

Don’t mind if you want to call me- 07810 502652. Look forward t a chat !

Alan

A. Thompson

I was in B grade - remember Linda spruce, carole barrow, Susan jones, Janeatha best - they were all the sporty ones I think.

I am trying to find Colin Hartley, Ian Webb in particular - they were mutual friends of my recent friend find and myself.

I live in Hyde now and have lost all touch with Chorlton where I lived.

HELP ! Please

Lily Blake

I was in touch with Linda Spruce when  I first joined FB a couple if years ago.  I was  searching for people from school. Linda, Carole, Janetha were my friends at school.  I remember Ian Webb. I was in B grade right through.  Do you remember Ann and Ruth Crabtree (twins) Denise  Crompton.  Heather (can't remember her second name but I think she was A grade) . Janet,  I was sporty loved netball and hockey.  More people will come to me

A. Thompson

Heather Ashworth I think was her surname. It was the Crabstick twins. Remember Julie Balmer ?

Would be great to get as many as possible together again!

Lily Blake

Yes I think it was Ashworth.  I remember Julie Balmer.  Do you remember Denise Crompton (she may have been A grade) She married Steve Warner who I think was in year above.  It would be great to get people together

Jules Thomas

I went to Chorlton High in 76, I remember Mr Crofts the Headmaster.
Our form teacher was Mr Litherland a very strict man, the music teacher a tall man but I can't remember his name

Anne2428

I went to chorlton high shool left in 76. I remember Mr Litherland and the tall music teacher who we used to call lurch.....

Kevin Jose

Went to chs 71 to 76. Mr Crofts head, Mr Foster geography,  Mr Litherland English  Mr Gallagher maths, Mr Taylor physics.
Friends were Cliff Williams, Clive Robinson Chris Williamson.
Any other memories?