Author Topic: Laptop  (Read 1950 times)

Jim44

Laptop
« on: 12:53:29, 16/09/15 »
My laptop won't charge up, it isn't the charger because I've tried another one. Any ideas?

shapedinlet

Re: Laptop
« Reply #1 on: 19:35:51, 16/09/15 »
Hi Jim,

First of all how long has it been since you both charged the laptop and used it?

I only ask as sometimes if the battery hasn't been charged for a while then it can take a while for the charger to create enough charge for the battery to register as charging and also to allow you to power the laptop on.  To solve this just let the laptop charge for an hour or 2 and see if that makes any kind of a difference.

Also the cold weather can sometimes have an affect too, try using it in a slightly warmer room after letting it warm up a little and that may also do the trick, or even a combination of my 2 attempts to assist you, lol.

Failing all of that some laptops allow you to run the power cable straight through to the laptop after removing the battery from its compartment, so it may be worth trying that as if the laptop powers up using the power cable after having removed the battery then you have found the problem, it'll be the battery.  If not then try another power cable that's compatible with the laptop to see if that makes a difference.

If none of the above work then I'm afraid the only further help I can offer you is to find somebody you know who can help you with this or take it back to the seller if you're still under guarantee, or a reliable laptop repair place to get it fixed.  In this case it might be a cheaper option to just get a replacement laptop instead though.

I hope this helps and good luck with getting it working again.

Oh and don't forget, get it updated with Windows 10 as soon as you can, Microsoft could withdraw the offer at any moment and considering that the Home version of Windows 10 alone costs about £100, it's well worth getting it or Professional for free whilst you still can :)

Jim44

Re: Laptop
« Reply #2 on: 20:17:48, 16/09/15 »
Thanks Shapedinlet, Ieft it swiched of with the charger switched on, over Monday night. Switch on Tues evening and noticed it hadn't charged up. Tried another charger but still not charging, so looks
like I,ll have to invest.
Only use it for fb,  twitter,forum etc so may get cheap 11inch one.