Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 3050 times)

Jim44

Windows 10
« on: 21:48:52, 17/10/15 »
I've gone onto windows 10, but how do I get my start button back?

shapedinlet

Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: 20:11:19, 18/10/15 »
Hi Jim,

The Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen just to the left of the search box is the Start button.  I agree it's nothing like the old style XP one, but it works well enough.

If for whatever reason you cannot see this icon or the button doesn't work when you click upon it then that's another issue entirely and I'll need to have a look into it for you, unless somebody else does it first.

What you could try if you just cannot see the Start button is holding the 'Control' button down on your keyboard and then pressing 'Esc', which is the same shortcut that was used back in the XP days for opening the Start menu.

If you just don't like it, then again I'll have to see if there is a way of downloading an old style one.

Jim44

« Reply #2 on: 20:06:58, 19/10/15 »
Thanks for your help Shapedinlet, I've got it now, but prefer the other type.

shapedinlet

« Reply #3 on: 20:36:30, 19/10/15 »
I know what you mean, there are a few things you can do.  All the icons on the right hand side of the start menu can be unpinned from there and then you can freely re-size the start menu down to size, or make it bigger if need be.

Another alternative is to download the Classic Shell, http://classicshell.net/, it's freeware and it allows you to use both the built in Windows 10 start menu and one that looks similar to the Windows 7 one that can also be customised side by side interchangeably.

I've not tried it myself so just be sure that you check it's clean before you download it.

I hope this helps.

Jim44

« Reply #4 on: 20:52:34, 22/10/15 »
Just downloaded it. Thankyou O0

lozflan

« Reply #5 on: 22:35:19, 16/01/16 »
Switched on after a long shutdown and the start page had more or less reverted to W8, only none of the tiles or apps would open. Have things working again, but the full screen start has,nt. Seems this is a common occurance
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason