Author Topic: Philip's Park Cemetery  (Read 1658 times)

michala1981

Philip's Park Cemetery
« on: 16:35:51, 18/12/15 »
Hi everyone,

In Oct 2016, Philip's Park Cemetery celebrates its 150th birthday. To coincide with this myself and the Friends of PPC are putting together an exhibition, which will be on display from OCT-DEC 2016 at Manchester's Central Library. I am currently looking for personal stories of any relatives or friends that are buried in the cemetery. If you feel you can help, please drop me a message.  :) 

Best Wishes

Michala

daisynook

Re: Philip's Park Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: 12:14:16, 17/04/17 »
Hi - Don't know if I'll be a lot of help to you but I do have relatives buried in Phillips Park Cemetery.  They are my great-grandmother Ellen Colley Gleave buried 16 Oct 1897 I believe in a shared grave KConsecrated 1506 with her baby died at birth and a second child died in May 1905. Second wife of my great-grand-father Lucy Yates Rogers Gleave died 2 Jan 1909 and his third wife Martha Jordan Gleave in grave L Con 115 with the last child mentioned above.
The only story I can give you is that the child mentioned above Thomas Gleave died at 9 years old in Monsell isolation after an accident with an umberella!
Sorry nothing very interesting.