Author Topic: Sir Alex set for return if Ryan Giggs is appointed manager?  (Read 1290 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/29/sir-alex-ferguson-set-for-stunning-return-to-manchester-united-if-ryan-giggs-is-appointed-as-manager-report-5589899/

The former Red Devils boss is ready to step in and help Ryan Giggs if he is named as United manager this season.

Fergie retired from his position at the helm of the club in 2013 but could be about to make a sensational return.

Journalist Paul Smith claims that Sir Alex has offered to advise Giggs should be offered the chance to replace Louis van Gaal, although it’s not clear what exact role he would take.

Jose Mourinho has been heavily linked with the post but United look to be considering another direction to take.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/29/sir-alex-ferguson-set-for-stunning-return-to-manchester-united-if-ryan-giggs-is-appointed-as-manager-report-5589899/#ixzz3vt0Lb0Go

All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Jim44

I think they should rember that after Matt Busby retired they had an ex player, Wilf McGuinnes. Lovely bloke, but didn't last long.

celeste

• Global Moderator
It's a stressful job, I remember a photo of Wilf McGuinness where he had a very full head of black hair, the next time I saw him in the paper he looked like a skinhead - still there were quite a few years in between ;D

Jim44

The best thing Giggs could do is get a managers job in the 1st or 2nd division and see how he fares.

The last thing he needs is Fergy breathing down his neck!

celeste

• Global Moderator
I don't think he'd like the 'step down' although he needs more experience