Author Topic: Looking for old friends  (Read 3163 times)

Thorney

Looking for old friends
« on: 10:36:10, 29/03/16 »
I'm trying to find Bernadine ( Thompson ) who used to live in Lathbury Rd  :smitten:

Jan H

Re: Looking for old friends
« Reply #1 on: 20:19:30, 29/03/16 »
had a quick look on the electoral register but no luck.
Was Thompson her married name ??

Jan

Thorney

« Reply #2 on: 08:43:36, 30/03/16 »
Her maiden name was Thompson and I last saw her in January 1965 before I left to join the army. She was the girl who gave me my first real kiss !! She lived across the road from me in Lathbury Rd and her dad was a fireman. She had a younger sister called Maureen but I heard she might have died ( don't really know when ) I always thought Bernadine was an unusable name but she was a real nice girl. Thanks for your help in this matter.  O0

Thorney

« Reply #3 on: 10:42:16, 10/04/16 »
Anybody know Mike Greaves or a bloke called Alvar, they used to live off Turkey Lane in Harpurhey also, what about John Evans who lived on Turkey Lane.

Thorney

« Reply #4 on: 11:07:03, 21/04/16 »
Is there anybody out there who lived in Harpurhey in the 50's / 60's, now gone but not forgotten. I lived in Lathbury Road until 1965 and would love to hear from anyone who was around then. Thorney.   O0

plittlewood

« Reply #5 on: 07:09:07, 12/10/17 »
Hi I haven't looked at this sight for over a year after my computer died.
Bernadine & Maureen Thompson of Lathbury rd who's dad was a fireman yes I knew them both for about two year from 1963 to 1965 as I lived in harpurhey on Mitford st, then moved to Middleton and lost contact then moved to Australia in 1966, but by pure coincidents there name popped up on this sight no I don't know what happened to them , I had a mate Harrold Batey who lived further up Lathbury road who introduced me to them, I expect that we will never find a lot of old friends as so much time has passed since those early days.
I think I've got some photos of all the gang on my computer if you want copies email me [email protected].