Author Topic: Newton heath  (Read 8334 times)

GORDON WOODS

Re: Newton heath
« Reply #30 on: 19:51:32, 01/12/17 »
Yes , UCLA was the dry cleaners, they were in between the Magnet and Pavillion cinemas on the opposite side of the road.

I also remember the clayton "Wars "  although it was mostly chucking stones at each other across clayton vale  ;)

We used to play snooker on Friday evenings at the little clubhouse at Tootal's factory on Ten Acres lane .

Parky

« Reply #31 on: 20:09:43, 01/12/17 »
Yes , UCLA was the dry cleaners, they were in between the Magnet and Pavillion cinemas on the opposite side of the road.

I also remember the clayton "Wars "  although it was mostly chucking stones at each other across clayton vale  ;)

We used to play snooker on Friday evenings at the little clubhouse at Tootal's factory on Ten Acres lane .
hi Gordon ,was there another dry cleaners on the same side but just past the bridge.and if you walked past you got a blast of cleaning fluid up your nose
« Last Edit: 20:43:19, 01/12/17 by Parky »

GORDON WOODS

« Reply #32 on: 21:31:10, 01/12/17 »
Hi Parky

Not sure about that, but I do seem to remember a tripe works in the vicinity ? and a little cobblers right on the hump of the hill going up church street from the Magnet, I used to get the cork studs in my football boots changed there  :)

Parky

« Reply #33 on: 22:14:56, 01/12/17 »
Yes the tripe works was on orford rd off briscoe lane the building is now a garage, the cobblers/sports shop on the bridge was run by two brothers.

pbhead

« Reply #34 on: 12:48:41, 04/10/19 »
I remember hanging out at the cleaners and asking American military men if they had any gum. Used to collect all the different US badges.