Author Topic: Roberts family  (Read 1943 times)

Miss tia

Roberts family
« on: 17:42:26, 20/11/16 »
hi all I've just joined this site.im lookin for my great n great grandparents I have found them on the census but can seem to find there graves I no they lived in Manchester from1881 lived in stockport for a few years then moved back to Manchester.ive tried looking at main cemeteries can't find them.info I do have is

Grandadfather owen Roberts no where he is
  G.g.father Samuel Roberts no where he is southern cem
  G.g.g father Samuel Lewis Roberts born 1865 ????
   G.g.g.gfather Samuel Roberts born 1828????..
Any help or ideas will be so grateful thanx...I have been told that they lived at some time on broom ave think that's levenshulme

mrseddie

Re: Roberts family
« Reply #1 on: 12:08:19, 26/11/16 »
Hi and welcome aboard. The first 2 men you listed, I take it you know where they are buried yes?
There are two Samuel Lewis Roberts born in 1865, one in Liverpool the other in Shropshire. Second was in Newport Shrops in 1911 census married to Catherine. He was a cabinet maker, could this be him??. The same man in 1881 has his father listed as Samuel a tailor also born Shrops. I'm not sure if I have the people you are looking for. If you could supply more info about the ones you know e.g occupations and locality, that would help. Cheers

Miss tia

Re: Roberts family
« Reply #2 on: 02:26:11, 05/12/16 »
Hi yes I no where the 1st 2 are buried...Samuel Lewis Roberts was born in Liverpool in 1865 his father was Samuel Roberts mother Kate a ..was Ormsby when she was born they Llyod then Roberts..think they got married in 1864.. I'm totally stuck on finding there graves they have to be somewhere in Manchester may b stockport they lived there for a few years yearly 1900.. I do no Samuel Lewis married a Mary Jones but again can't find her grave either..Samuel Roberts was born in Wales can't read the census writing and Kate the mother was born in Roscommon Ireland ..thanx for helping..