Author Topic: Trying to find mums grave?  (Read 1804 times)

Paul Quinn

Trying to find mums grave?
« on: 17:05:33, 11/01/17 »
Hi,My mum was Josephine McLoughlin from 7 Nevin road, New Moston. She married and divorced my dad and was Josephine Ann Quinn between approx 1951 to 1963? and subsequently married someone named Kennedy in Salford, again I think in the 60s ?. I know she Pre-deceased her dad in the 80s (Joseph McLaughlin) but I can't find any record of his or her death? I would think she would have been buried possibly around Moston, as her family were Catholic. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I now have a sister   :D  who was adopted from the union of my mum and Mr Kennedy. It was fantastic that she sought me out after so many years  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Cheers, Paul.

migky

Re: Trying to find mums grave?
« Reply #1 on: 13:53:21, 12/01/17 »
Hi Paul & welcome :)

Can you give us a date of birth for your mother, it would help.

She married a William Kennedy  1974 Manchester Register.

Now without a date of birth or death date, it might be a little trick to find where she died and possibly what happened to her remains?
If she was buried in Moston area, then she could well be in St. Joseph's, Moston.
Address: Moston Ln, Manchester M40 9QL.  Phone: 0161 681 1582
They charge around £16 to do burial searches.

If she died & in any of the Salford council cemeteries, they again charge and all records are at Agecroft cemetery.
Address: Langley Rd, Pendlebury, Salford M27 8SS  Phone: 0161 686 7290

Another Salford R.C. is St Mary's R C Cemetery.
Address: Manchester Rd, Manchester M28 2UJ Phone: 0161 794 2194

She may have been cremated (it's a cheaper option) and could have been carried out at Manchester Crem
The Manchester Crematorium Ltd, Barlow Moor Road, Chorlton-[censored]-Hardy, Manchester M21 7GZ.

She doesn't appear on any of the Manchester council burial website records.
Phone on:0161 881 5269

Migky  ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite