Author Topic: Claremont road secondary modern school, moss side  (Read 2231 times)

Arran45

Does anyone remember Mrs Lees in 1961 class 4gt i was known as gabriele droas, or class3R mrs Adhead, mrs Johnson was head in 1960 and Freda Cooke in 1961 I left in 1962. Most of my time at this school was quite happy, my friend was Yvonne Pettinger, does anyone remember?

[email protected]

Re: Claremont road secondary modern school, moss side
« Reply #1 on: 22:58:39, 05/06/19 »
My name is Carmel Norris.  I now spell my name Carmelle and my married name is Spence.
I graduated in 1964 and I do remember our headmistress...Miss Cook.  I also remember Mr Reynolds the math teacher; Miss Clayton the geography teacher and Miss Clayton the art teacher....she had a sports car.  I still have a dictionary that was given to me by Miss Johnson.

I just walked pass our old school a few days ago.  The building is occupied by the primary school and is in good condition.  I immigrated to Canada in 1969 and have often walked or driven pass the school whenever I am in Manchester.  I do have fond memories...loved playing netball and rounders.

I recollect walking to school with Ann Richardson who lived near Alexander Park.  I lost touch with Barbara (forgot her last name) when I moved to Canada.

Claude

Re: Claremont road secondary modern school, moss side
« Reply #2 on: 19:55:59, 06/06/19 »
My old mate Alan McQuire was an inmate there.