Author Topic: Sale stalker sent business woman 700 creepy texts  (Read 1193 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2853886/business-woman-stalked-by-obsessed-admirer-who-believed-he-was-greek-hero-odysseus/

Interior designer Penelope Hulme, 53, was bombarded with over 700 creepy and explicit texts from painter and decorator Ian Stewart who used her christian name to proclaim himself as her self-styled ”saviour.”The infatuated 48-year old who had previously worked for his victim’s millionaire ex-husband likened her the loyal wife of the legendary King whose exploits were detailed in the epic poems The Iliad and The Odyssey by the Greek author Homer, with whom she shared her name.
And although Mrs Hulme was dating another man, Stewart from Sale, Greater Manchester sent her a series of messages over a three year period demanding she leave him so they could start an affair together.
One text read: ”I am you saviour and I can take you to another world. Everything about you is beautiful. I love you.”

« Last Edit: 21:18:28, 14/02/17 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Sale stalker sent business woman 700 creepy texts
« Reply #1 on: 21:22:10, 14/02/17 »
He should have been jailed imo, putting that woman in fear and she probably still is because anyone who has behaved like that may not be put off by an indefinite banning order.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

Re: Sale stalker sent business woman 700 creepy texts
« Reply #2 on: 21:43:16, 14/02/17 »

So, what pathetic and derisory sentence did he finish up with, I wonder? Community service? Suspended? Bound over?

I could always check the link, of course, but I won't bother because I'm sure to find something that will make me want to scream.