Author Topic: Harpurhey High School for Girls/North Manchester High School for Girls  (Read 3866 times)

MARYELLEN

I have asked this question previously, but have not resolved my problem.  I attended the above school, 1951-1956.  'Harpurhey' changed its name to 'North Manchester' in about 1952.

Towards the end of my time there, possible 1954-56, we had a photograph of all of the school's pupils, one of those wide landscape ones,  but I never had a copy.  Is there anyone out there who has a copy, or knows how I can obtain a copy?

I would be very grateful!
MARYELLEN

jumpingjack

hello. i am trying to find out about tavistock st and windsor rd in harpurhey, u might be able to help me. i m sorry i cant help u i live in cardiff my great  great grandfather lived in these strets and i want to find out more.

MARYELLEN

Jumping Jack

If you obtain a copy of Godfrey Map, 104.03 (Manchester and Collyhurst 1891), both Tavistock Street and Windsor Road are shown.  They are both on the top half of map, approx. in the centre. Tavistock is off Upper Mount Street, Mount Street, Rochdale Road, and Windsor is approx. north east of Tavistock, off Clifton Road, and Osborne Road.  Hope that this helps.

jumpingjack

thanks veuch for that information , very kind of u