Author Topic: Luciano Pavarotti  (Read 1365 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Luciano Pavarotti
« on: 09:15:19, 06/09/07 »
Luciano Pavarotti has passed away due to pancreatic cancer, R.I.P.

I shall never forget the 1990 World Cup, where he and Placido Domingo,  and Jose Carreras performed as the Three Tenors, and the amazing "Nessun Dorma" rendition which brought Opera to the masses, uniting it with football forever.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

arthurchappell

Re: Luciano Pavarotti
« Reply #1 on: 17:36:18, 06/09/07 »
I've loved classical since the school took us to see the Halle in the early 1970's - very sad to see Pavarotti has gone
Arthur Chappell, writer,  Civil War Re-enactor, ex-cult member, socialite  http://arthurchappell.me.uk/

Facebook - http://profile.to/arthurchappell/

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 18:34:21, 06/09/07 »
It was rather shock I didn't know he was ill :(

RAB

« Reply #3 on: 00:36:31, 07/09/07 »
....emotions that transcend understanding can be evoked by listening to good opera singing
'Lucy' was a tremendous lyrical tenor and I must hear that insanely romantic 'Rodolpho' from "La Boheme" again
A sensitive character, he was apparently quite superstitious before a staged event, understandable considering the range of sensitive emotional complexity being called upon......
 :)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 09:30:59, 09/09/07 »
I was listening to the Irish music critic, Veronica Dunn, and she had met Pavarotti when he was just starting his opera career,  she knew he had great potential even then, not only could he reach the high C, he could reach E flat, but having been to see many of his concerts she said when she came out it was as good as having a massage!!!! ;)