Author Topic: Greater Manchester mayoral election, how important is it to voters?  (Read 5950 times)

St Chads Lad

Osbourne has sold us down the river , this will complete Labours annexation of  Northern England.

Parky

I would laugh if it backfired on them and the ukip candidate got in ,

St Chads Lad

It doesn't look like UKIP are taking this election seriously.

Jim44

I've just been reading the candidates key polices, none of them impresses me, I won't even vote Ukip.  :(

Unfortunatly Burnham will have no opposition. >:(

St Chads Lad

You're right , I don't want any of 'em , it's just another layer of bureaucracy and jobs for the boys.

Parky

It doesn't look like UKIP are taking this election seriously.
ive just received a glossy booklet with the main parties putting their manifesto apart from ukip who couldn't be bothered to pay five thousand pounds to cover the costs of said booklet.

Jim44

[quote author=St Chads Lad
I see Burnham wants a "council of the north" to influence Brexit negotiations , this guy is a remoaner so I know what his agenda is but unfortunately the voters of Greater Manchester will put this pathetic creep into power. Labour the workers party ? don't make me laugh , and Parky you're right again we will get that congestion charge, no danger

Won't be the people St Chad, there is no opposition to fight him. The same as the London vote for mayor.  I feel really sad that we are having him forced on us :( The majority don't want a mayor or a police commisioner >:(

St Chads Lad

Same here, I said in an earlier post the people don't want a Mayor we voted against it , I predict that once he gets into office it's gonna cost us.

celeste

• Global Moderator
Opportunist big names?  Although we do have the virtually unknown Simon Anstiss as a candidate - ambitious?  Surely not :2funny:
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Jim44

Are there no local elections this year, in Manchester?

St Chads Lad

I think it's just the Mayoral election , that's all I've got a voting card for

daxmor

Like previously stated, we voted against having a mayor, but were told we are having one. We voted against the congestion charge, but it looks like it may happen. Don't you just love democracy???
On the plus side it might just shut prat carney up.

Live everyday as if it's your last, one day you're gonna be right.

St Chads Lad

Karney will never shut his face , he's a publicity seeker who seems to enjoy getting stick off the public, he thinks he's a smartarse because if he's criticized he'll find time to check the electoral roll for your name to find out if you live in his ward , strange man but people keep voting for him do this is what they deserve.

St Chads Lad

An independent candidate was given a one minute slot by the BBC to put forward his policies and chose to broadcast it in Urdu, is this what multiculturism has brought us to? seems like total disregard for anyone who didn't belong to his community.

celeste

• Global Moderator
Maybe he'll only have Urdu speaking people voting for him then
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing