Author Topic: Cheetham Jewish Hospital  (Read 466 times)

Juliaw

Cheetham Jewish Hospital
« on: 04:27:34, 21/03/17 »
Hi, Can any one tell me in 1975 did the Cheetham jewish Hospital take non Jewish people ?  Trying to learn the history of my family I know little about them. Marion and Clarence Aplin lived in Dovedale Ave in Prestwich, Clarence was a store manager. They were my Aunt and Uncle. Thanks for any help

migky

Re: Cheetham Jewish Hospital
« Reply #1 on: 08:26:27, 21/03/17 »
Hi Juliaw, as long as i can remember the Jewish hospital was open to everyone. Early 1960's as a kid i was getting stitched up there. I was always getting to to some scrapes or falling of something or other.

Migky ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

Juliaw

« Reply #2 on: 09:10:29, 21/03/17 »
Thanks Migky

Appreciate that, didnt know as it would never happen over here.

Julia

Parky

« Reply #3 on: 09:26:56, 21/03/17 »
I remember my mam being referred there in the sixties with some ailment  I just remember it as a very bright place inside , if I'm not mistaken north Manchester general has a Jewish wing but obviously it's  for everyone.

Juliaw

« Reply #4 on: 10:26:04, 21/03/17 »
Thanks Parky was just a bit of a shock when I found out she died there. Glad it was a nice bright place so her last days would not have been in a depressing place

diverden

« Reply #5 on: 16:39:35, 16/04/17 »
when the NHS came in to being in 1948 the Jewish hospital was open to all denomination just as well i spent more time in a&e in the 1950is than going to school   

Juliaw

« Reply #6 on: 00:35:32, 17/04/17 »
Thank you everyone  :D  well that make sense. have now found Marion was buried with her husband in the same grave in Manchester.
Such a  great site.
Happy Easter

lozflan

« Reply #7 on: 11:22:35, 19/04/17 »
Can still smell the antiseptic in the waiting room,they knew our names on walking in.
Kids took themselves in for scrapes and stitches,good job it was next to the park.
I came here to chew gum and kick ass and I'm all out of gum

Juliaw

« Reply #8 on: 11:26:50, 19/04/17 »
Must be getting old(er) miss those days now it is long queues and I feel a bit like a car going in for a service.

Parky

« Reply #9 on: 11:38:40, 19/04/17 »
When I went to the hospital last month the doctor examined me then got a second opinion from the local undertaker  ;)

Juliaw

« Reply #10 on: 11:58:17, 19/04/17 »
if you were to see the state of our local hospital it suprises me there is not an undertaker on site ready to collect lol.

Parky

« Reply #11 on: 12:14:36, 19/04/17 »
if you were to see the state of our local hospital it suprises me there is not an undertaker on site ready to collect lol.
;D