Author Topic: George Galloway to stand in Gorton by-election  (Read 2479 times)

Jim44

Re: George Galloway to stand in Gorton by-election
« Reply #15 on: 21:03:30, 14/04/17 »
I hear what you're saying mate but unfortunately we're too far down the road now mate , multiculturalism has brought us to this and the BBC are one of its biggest exponents ,get shut of it I say.
O0 O0 O0

Corrupt council

« Reply #16 on: 07:18:54, 16/04/17 »
It's not being widely reported but the great council leaders have a company on company house it state they are directors of a firm with ties to Dubai.

That firm I think funds construction in Manchester .

Now forgive me but is this not an issue where the people who are elected to run the city are involved with making profit from it?

The only candidate to mention that labour have been in power for so long is GALLOWAY .

The only candidate to say why has Gorton been left behind?

The only candidate who clearly believes that something is very wrong with an area when a 100 million in funding for Manchester roads is not spent in the Gorton ward to even fix pot holes.

Contrary to what the rest claim George Galloway is Right.
ROY.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #17 on: 10:43:01, 16/04/17 »
I don't trust Galloway because he panders to the asian vote, he only seems to pop up where there are large asian populations

Parky

« Reply #18 on: 11:05:06, 16/04/17 »
To be fair I don't trust Galloway either but I don't trust any of them, I am probably being naive but I think Galloway would certainly mix it up with the "cartel"

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: 20:22:33, 19/04/17 »

The by-election for the Manchester Gorton constituency is set to be cancelled after the House of Commons backed a June general election.

The Cabinet Office said the election for the vacant seat, planned for 4 May, would now take place on 8 June as part of the nationwide polling day.

MPs will be asked to formally overturn the writ for the poll.

The proposed by-election would have created the anomaly of taking place after Parliament had been dissolved.

The by-election was caused by the death of long-serving Labour MP Sir Gerald Kaufman in February.

Commons Leader David Lidington told MPs there was no statutory provision allowing for the cancellation of a by-election when a general election was in progress.

But he said a precedent was set in a similar situation in 1923, when a by-election writ was regarded as having been superseded.

The Commons vote would enable Manchester's acting returning officer Joanne Roney to cancel the by-election.

Share this story About sharing
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing