Author Topic: Warning over segregation in schools  (Read 1169 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Warning over segregation in schools
« on: 21:11:41, 23/03/17 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39344973

Getty Images

Thousands of state schools across England are segregated along ethnic or social grounds, according to research.

More than a quarter of primary and four in 10 secondary schools are ethnically divided, the social integration charity, The Challenge, found.

It says almost a third of primary and a quarter of secondary schools are segregated along socio-economic lines.

The Department for Education says all schools are expected to promote social integration and British values.

Researchers from The Challenge - working with the iCoCo Foundation and SchoolDash - measured how segregated a school was by comparing its numbers of white British pupils and those eligible for free school meals with those of the 10 schools closest to them.

They used official statistics for the years 2011 to 2016, examining more than 20,000 state schools.

Areas singled out for particular concern were:
◾Kirklees in West Yorkshire
◾Lancashire as a whole, but especially Blackburn with Darwen
◾Rochdale in Greater Manchester
◾Birmingham

The researchers regarded a school to be "segregated" if the proportion of ethnic minority pupils or pupils on free school meals was very different to the proportions at the neighbouring schools.

They found secondary schools were more likely to be segregated by ethnicity than socio-economic status, while primary schools were more likely to be segregated along socio-economic lines.

Primary faith schools were more ethnically segregated than those of no faith (29% against 25%) when compared with neighbouring schools, the study found.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

Re: Warning over segregation in schools
« Reply #1 on: 22:00:24, 23/03/17 »
Ah, yes, let me see now.......Kirklees, Blackburn, Darwen, Rochdale, Birmingham........what on earth is the common thread here.......umm......err........let me see now.......hmm.....?

St Chads Lad

« Reply #2 on: 22:07:28, 23/03/17 »
Erm are they all areas enriched by "the religion of peace" ,just a wild guess

ExileSteve

« Reply #3 on: 22:11:46, 23/03/17 »

Yes, of course, silly me!!

But let's not forget how great it is. The BBC tell us every day, and I think former Prime Minister Quisling said something along those lines too.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #4 on: 22:21:53, 23/03/17 »
This is Bliars Britain, the country is knackered now I'm just glad I grew up in the sixties and seventies

Corrupt council

« Reply #5 on: 07:34:34, 16/04/17 »
I've been saying this for a while.
Segregation of gender is occurring in south MANCHESTER ,schools such as burnage and levenshulme are now considered in the community's they sit within as Asian schools by local residents.

But the population of the local resident are white.

The reason the Asians are attracted to these 2 schools is simple ones a girl school the other a boy.

Segration by gender.
No mixing .

It's very disturbing to think that a culture that is so keen generally to have children separated along gender lines is in this mixing pot of culture allowed to and be encouraged to do so.

I don't think it's a religious based ideology ,more of a cultural one. Then as more come the rut is stuck.

ROY.