Author Topic: trying to find my dad  (Read 325 times)

base

trying to find my dad
« on: 01:08:53, 28/04/17 »
ive never seen my dad and don't know if he knows about me but pretty sure his sister does from when she saw my mum in Manchester arndale one day when I was about 5 or 6 maybe my mums name is mary and I'm sure my dads called mark she met him in 1977 and had me in 1978 she had 2 other kids with the guy I thought was my dad as I was growing up not sure if I rember but I think my real dad was doing a bit of dj ing at the time they met .. long shot I know as I don't know much just yet but thought id get the ball rolling .

Parky

Re: trying to find my dad
« Reply #1 on: 07:33:46, 28/04/17 »
Hi base ,you have got a difficult task there but good luck to you.   the only smidging of help I can give you is go on a website called Manchester beat.com( you said your dad was a dj) they have a forum about clubs, music and venues talking about the50s  60s 70, on there ,best wishes,

migky

« Reply #2 on: 13:46:11, 28/04/17 »
Hi Base.

Might help if you tell us the surname of your mother & father?
Where & when they lived in Manchester area?
I'd also look on Facebook, 99.999% of people alive seem to be on there these days.

Migky ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

base

« Reply #3 on: 20:13:31, 28/04/17 »
yea thanks parky will take a look... and migky don't know my dads surname mums is dowling forgot to add that in and cant be doin all that facebook its never ending that thing

migky

« Reply #4 on: 15:02:23, 29/04/17 »
cant be doin all that facebook its never ending that thing

Your like my self & may not like Facebook, but it is where everyone & there dog seem to be these days.
Where were you born? The way of the world these days.

Is his name not on your birth certificate? Can you not contact his sister?
Will your mother not tell you who he is & help you?

There was a Tracey Bernadette Dowling with no fathers surname born 1978 Manchester but seems she had a name changed to the records as they also have her as Hewitt. In what area were you born?

Were you ever baptized? if so have you checked to see if there is anything on the record, like parent's names/address's/god-parents?

Migky ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

base

« Reply #5 on: 21:37:16, 29/04/17 »
Yea that's me lol my mums not telling me nowt so i was down as Dowling  first then was i but then she changed it to Hewitt the guy I grew up thinking was my dad ..wasnt even told that either thanks for that bit of info 😊