Author Topic: Calling Andy Burnham  (Read 19369 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Calling Andy Burnham
« on: 19:10:43, 13/06/17 »

Travelling by Wythenshawe Hospital, not for the first time there was a long traffic jam amongst which was an ambulance heading out to someone/somewhere.

The road is narrow and used by many buses, cars - belonging to staff and patients.

Something needs sorting out because within ten years the traffic congestion could be unmanageable.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Jim44

Re: Calling Andy Burnham
« Reply #1 on: 20:57:11, 13/06/17 »
  Andy Pandy has bigger thing to do, like persecuting legal protesters in Piccadilly while ignoring the hard left rebel rouser's,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #2 on: 21:20:17, 13/06/17 »
The lefty rabble are aided by berks like Burnham.

lozflan

« Reply #3 on: 10:45:44, 14/06/17 »
Impassable roads all day long where I live,emergency services held up every day.We have been down for a bye pass for 70 yrs.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 17:23:33, 14/06/17 »
 :smiley6600:

Andy

Have you noticed 'the Wall' yet?

St Chads Lad

« Reply #5 on: 18:42:19, 15/06/17 »
Andy Pandy Burnham says he will use public transport at least once a week, wow a real man of the people, that will give him a real insight into public transport in Manchester

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 13:03:45, 17/06/17 »
He is trying though, I give him credit for that, and he has started a fund for the homeless O0

St Chads Lad

« Reply #7 on: 14:27:49, 21/06/17 »
I'll reserve judgement on that until he does something to the benefit of the people who actually contribute but all I see is bigger council tax bills as a result of this guy trying to be popular because it's us poor saps that have to pay in that will fund a lot of it.

Jim44

« Reply #8 on: 21:26:05, 21/06/17 »
I'll reserve judgement on that until he does something to the benefit of the people who actually contribute but all I see is bigger council tax bills as a result of this guy trying to be popular because it's us poor saps that have to pay in that will fund a lot of it.

O0 O0 O0

St Chads Lad

« Reply #9 on: 21:58:06, 07/09/17 »
Hey Andy the people living on Granby Row are having problems with homeless people kicking in doors and dossing in the basement and corridors of their flats, time to stop dancing mardi gras is over try and do something between photo ops ;D

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: 19:35:30, 24/09/17 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41378894

The Labour mayor of Greater Manchester has criticised his "London-centric" party for not giving its political leaders from the north of England speaking slots at conference.

Andy Burnham said he was disappointed at the lack of "prominent northern voice" to "balance" London Mayor Sadiq Khan, who has been invited to speak.

Jeremy Corbyn wants to "rebalance" the conference in favour of members.

The annual party get-together is under way in Brighton.
◾Corbyn pushes back on EU single market

Having won the Greater Manchester mayoral election in May, Mr Burnham is one of Labour's most powerful elected politicians. But he will not be speaking from the stage in Brighton.

'This is institutional'

He told the BBC's Sunday Politics: "It is not about me having a divine right to speak at conference.

"But it disappoints me that there is no prominent northern voice from one of the cities speaking to balance Sadiq Khan."

He added: "This is not a Jeremy criticism. This is institutional. The party is too London-centric.

"It isn't thinking enough about getting a strong message to voters in the North.

"What troubles me a little is that we have got the mayor of London speaking but not the mayor of Liverpool city region, Steve Rotheram. Not the leader of Newcastle City Council, Nick Forbes.

"Why haven't we got balance here? What does it say about the party's commitment to devolution?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 19:38:27, 24/09/17 »
Well Andy, your comments aren't a surprise to me, Corbyn may see you still as a rival - with an agenda, so do I ;)

St Chads Lad

« Reply #12 on: 20:22:29, 24/09/17 »
They play to the luvvies in the South East and Burnham was part and parcel of that, he's gobbing off now because he's trying to be a Supermanc Northerner, they never gave a toss for the north before until UKIP came along and their support started to crumble now it's North this and North that, Burnham is only interested in Burnham.  ::)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: 20:39:33, 24/09/17 »
He is originally from Liverpool and was MP for Leigh 2005-2010

St Chads Lad

« Reply #14 on: 20:50:26, 24/09/17 »
I know, but I don't recall him railing against "Londoncentric" Liebour when he had his nose in the Westminster trough, he knew when Corbyn popped up as leader his days were numbered him being a Bliarite and all, so he found anew trough.