Author Topic: Railway Weekend at The Museum of Science and Industry  (Read 481 times)

Go See This

Railway Weekend[/font]
1 2 July 2017[/font]
Museum of Science and Industry, Liverpool Road, Manchester, M3 4FP
Choo choo! ! It's full steam ahead at the Museum this summer as the Beattie Well Tank rolls back into Manchester for the first time in 143 years.

Enthusiasts and families alike will be able to ride on this historic locomotive, as well as our replica Planet and Agecroft engines.

When they aren't running on the demonstration line, the locos will be on display in the museum's Upper Yard so visitors can get up close and personal to the mechanisms and stand on the footplates.

Train rides cost 3 for adults and 2 for children, and can be purchased online in advance or at the museum.

ExileSteve

Re: Railway Weekend at The Museum of Science and Industry
« Reply #1 on: 00:06:56, 26/06/17 »

Ideal!

As it happens, I'm bringing the wife & kids up to God's Own City for a week's holiday on Saturday 1st. We'll get down there on the Sunday. :)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 12:10:18, 02/07/17 »
How did it go? :)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

« Reply #3 on: 00:12:24, 11/07/17 »

We didn't manage to see the railway exhibition, unfortunately. Ah yes, I remember a time not so very long ago when it was possible to make plans and actually leave the house on time to carry them out. Those were the days..........sigh!!! ???

Aside from that, we had a brilliant week. Our two-year-old (who will be three near the end of this month) didn't want to come home. I like to think it's down to her having an affinity to God's Own City because of the Manchester genes within her! :)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 07:10:41, 11/07/17 »
So glad you all had a good time, especially the little one, in 'God's own city'

:)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing