Author Topic: St Annes boys School Cyrus St Ancoats  (Read 4272 times)

Tud

St Annes boys School Cyrus St Ancoats
« on: 06:26:56, 22/08/17 »
any old boys still about .from the war years and just after .  teachers I remember
headmaster Mr Clancy ,Mr Smith , Miss Rourke

Billy Morley

Re: St Annes boys School Cyrus St Ancoats
« Reply #1 on: 23:07:10, 19/07/18 »
Hi,
My name is billy and i'm writing on behalf of my Dad John Morley.
He went to St Annes school on Cyrus Street in the 30's and often talks about 'The Famous' Mr Clancy and Miss Rourke.
My Dad is 88 years old now and i still take him to The Lunch Box on the corner of Cyrus Street and Cambrian Street.
(i believe it was the local sweet shop back then)
Please feel free to drop me a line and maybe even exchange memories with my dad John about school days and stuff.
Hope this letter finds you well and life is good.
All the best
Billy Morley

Tud

« Reply #2 on: 20:19:45, 20/07/18 »
any old boys still about .from the war years and just after .  teachers I remember
headmaster Mr Clancy ,Mr Smith , Miss Rourke.           Hi Billy I am 5 years younger than your dad
another teacher I recall was a miss Mc Manus who taught the newcomers, up from the infant school which was near the church.where the senior girls were taught .  yes it was a sweet shop on the corner in those days .  ask your dad if he ever had to settle any personal disputes down in Holt town . or did he ever take part in any inter school disputes  .and does he remember woodworking metalwork classes taken at Birley St school
« Last Edit: 20:36:10, 20/07/18 by Tud »

Tony Chilton

« Reply #3 on: 12:21:04, 02/09/18 »
Billy Morley,
Are you any relation to a GED Morley who went to St Anne's Boys School, Ancoats??
Tony Chilton

David d Gribben

« Reply #4 on: 15:43:35, 05/09/18 »
Hi Bill, My Cousins the Schofield's went to St Ann's Ancoats there were eleven of them the oldest was Jimmy Schofield, Billy was the next oldest. both Jimmy and Billy past away some years ago but would have been in their Eighties now. the family lived on Phillips Park Rd.

Tony Chilton

« Reply #5 on: 08:30:44, 06/09/18 »
I remember a David Schofield who was a very good friend of mine at St.Annes. He was also a terrifically excellent footballer, and had a great left foot!!
We called him Scoffa!!! Hope he's still around!!
Tony Chilton

David d Gribben

« Reply #6 on: 20:15:10, 10/09/18 »
Hi Tony that will be my cousin I know he was a good Footballer David is still about somewhere in Manchester, I have been in Swindon wilts since 1973 so I have lost contact with a lot of my relations. although I am still in touch with David's sister Mary.

Dave Morris

« Reply #7 on: 13:48:42, 24/05/20 »
headmaster Mr Clancy ,Mr Smith , Miss Rourke

Dave Morris

« Reply #8 on: 14:00:44, 24/05/20 »
Hi I am trying to find an old school friend that went to St Annes in the 1960s, His name was Terence Martin he will be about 71 years of age now. He lived next to the river Medlock in a terraced property, before moving to Haughton Green in the late 1960s with is family. if you have any info on Terry can you let me know.
 Many Thanks Dave Morris.