Author Topic: The secret underground tunnel which links two Deansgate buildings  (Read 3129 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

davo

I remember walking through there a couple of times back in the 70s. My mate used to go there to get his hair cut. I seem to remember it was lined with various shops, the hairdresser being one of them. Maybe the hairdressers was at the beginning of the passage on the Kendals side and my brain is embellishing the rest, I don't know it was a long time ago, but the hairdressers was definitely there.
« Last Edit: 18:06:26, 28/10/17 by davo »

gramster

I remember my mum and I would meet my dad (who worked at the MEN on Deansgate) and he would take us to Kendalls for tea, there was a sweet stall in the tunnel.... happy days

daisynook

This took me back in time!  I worked in Queen Street in the 60s and often had to go to Kendalls Food Department to buy food for posh lunches.  I flitted under Deansgate many times.

davo

daisynook
Was I correct in recalling that the tunnel was lined with small shops? I can remember going there with my mate to get his hair cut.

daisynook

Hi Davo - Yes you are right there were shops on both sides but other than Kendalls window displays I can't remember what the other shops were now.