Author Topic: Goulden Street clinic  (Read 839 times)

claretwoman

Goulden Street clinic
« on: 21:02:42, 18/10/17 »
Can anyone remember attending a physiotherapist clinic there during the 1950's? I think it was near the fire station.  I was one of their longest serving customers, the thing I liked the best was the activities after the treatment.  Our school didn't have any kind of gym equipment at all save a few of those horrible hairy mats, so it was a treat every week to climb the bars, swing on the ropes etc.   We also had an old wind up gramophone and we used to dance and play games to the music.  Around the side of this room were cubicles for children having "Sunray treatment" I wonder if that did any good?  When I was last in Manchester the whole area looked unrecognisable.  We used to go to Lyons afterwards for a cup of tea.  I also remember some really lovely houses which had quite steep steps up to them, there were about four of them, they put me in mind of somewhere a famous writer may have lived or put in her books. They were near a church but I can't remember the name now.  It must have been somewhere near the main road, it might have been a square.