Author Topic: Game of the season  (Read 3877 times)

migky

Game of the season
« on: 10:05:41, 03/12/17 »
The game of the season has to be yesterdays match between Man U (Yak) & Arsenal.
Just brilliant to watch, end to end entertainment but a fair result would have been a draw.

Migky  ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

Parky

Re: Game of the season
« Reply #1 on: 10:34:52, 03/12/17 »
It was a close second to fc utd of Manchester beating second in  table Harrogate town 3-2 after being a goal down in the first half O0

migky

« Reply #2 on: 19:24:12, 03/12/17 »
Good grief, hope no one watch our match today.  Hope we get our act together for next weekend  ::)

BUT! we still points ahead thank fully  O0

Migky  ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

Parky

« Reply #3 on: 19:39:13, 03/12/17 »
Good grief, hope no one watch our match today.  Hope we get our act together for next weekend  ::)

BUT! we still points ahead thank fully  O0

Migky  ;)
has pep nicked fergies watch.? ;D

ExileSteve

« Reply #4 on: 21:39:10, 03/12/17 »
And of course the result you've all been hanging on for saw Penzance make progress in the Cornwall Senior Cup, traveling to Illogan and thwapping them 5-2. Second time we've been there lately, and the second time we've won.

There's probably no such word as 'thwapping', by the way, so I thought I might just as well make it up!

Parky

« Reply #5 on: 07:25:53, 04/12/17 »
And of course the result you've all been hanging on for saw Penzance make progress in the Cornwall Senior Cup, traveling to Illogan and thwapping them 5-2. Second time we've been there lately, and the second time we've won.

There's probably no such word as 'thwapping', by the way, so I thought I might just as well make it up!
it’s an excellent word Steve , definitely should be in the dictionary.

lozflan

« Reply #6 on: 17:20:52, 20/02/18 »
What a scrap the Wigan [cup] game was Eh, as good as a Final,drama to the end.
Why did he play Kevin DeBruyner  so late?.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

ExileSteve

« Reply #7 on: 00:06:59, 21/02/18 »
It was certainly an enthralling tie, and it was exactly what the FA Cup needs right now. But, when all is said and done, it was a typical giant-killing of the kind we've all seen over the years. It followed the usual pattern; big guns end up having 'one of those days', with the ball refusing to hit the back of the net if even if they played all week. The minnows somehow soak up the pressure, get a few jammy breaks, and ride their luck until they get the miracle they never believed possible. I know there are some exceptions (such as Bradford, who played Chelsea off the park for at least seventy minutes a few years ago) but they are few and far between. Wigan versus City was formulaic, if nothing else.

Nevertheless, congratulations to Wigan Athletic. They might be a troupe of clog dancers but at least they haven't got too many talentless thugs in their ranks. Unlike Cardiff, of course, who will hopefully miss out on promotion and stay down where they belong.

Bitter? Nah, not me, mate.............. >:(

lozflan

« Reply #8 on: 08:53:37, 26/02/18 »
The [other] Cup,it was nice to see 99% of Arsenal supporters leave Wembley before the presentation of their teams medals. Some left before match ended.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

GORDON WOODS

« Reply #9 on: 20:30:32, 08/03/18 »
Talking about FA Cup "Giant killers ",... didn't Altrincham get through to the quarter,or semi-finals one year way back ?

I remember a lad in our class at Ducie Avenue high school playing for them,think his name was Barry Whitbread ?
Good looking lad, made it to "Head boy" as I remember.

Wonder what he's doing these days ?

ExileSteve

« Reply #10 on: 21:54:39, 09/03/18 »
I remember watching Barry Whitbread playing for Altrincham when I was a kid. They didn't get as far as the semis, that's for sure, but they always had a very healthy tradition of making progress in the FA Cup. I'm going to have to look it up now!