Author Topic: David Rosenfield Garage  (Read 3787 times)

Landy

David Rosenfield Garage
« on: 17:33:56, 06/12/17 »
The main distributors for Rover cars in Manchester in the 1950's were David Rosenfield Ltd, with premises in Cheetham Hill Road and Peter Street.  They were a substantial business operating well before WW2 at least into the 1960's also selling Rolls Royce and other makes.  Does anyone know what happened to the business?  Are there likely to be any photographs of their premises?

migky

Re: David Rosenfield Garage
« Reply #1 on: 19:18:50, 06/12/17 »
Hi & welcome Landy  :)

Hows this, it is 1970. Cheetham hill.

Was it called Henly's before David Rosenfield on Peter street, Manchester

Migky  ;)

« Last Edit: 19:41:09, 06/12/17 by migky »
I'm a bit like Marmite

Landy

« Reply #2 on: 20:09:27, 06/12/17 »
Thanks for posting this. Is it possible that anyone has earlier photos of their garage or any knowledge of when they were taken over by Henlys.  I think it may have been mid 1960’s. I have a 1950 advertising poster but any other advertising would also be interesting. Many thanks. Richard

lozflan

« Reply #3 on: 16:50:59, 08/12/17 »
My first job 1951,Henley's they prep ed cars , [rover/jag] for Monte Carlo Rallye,the garage was in a short St,opposite Elizabeth S t.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

lozflan

« Reply #4 on: 11:55:52, 09/12/17 »
If I'M not loosing it, D.R. became Kennings. D.R. entrance was in North St, end of which was curved glass fronted showroom.This is on a Pic on,Did You live in Cheetham,closed group site,Admin a lady called Byrne.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

radiogak

« Reply #5 on: 14:59:35, 13/12/17 »
Hi Landy

There is a picture of the premises on Peter Street in the Manchester Archive collection at the following link

http://images.manchester.gov.uk/Display.php?irn=68410&QueryPage=%2Findex.php%3Fsession%3Dpass&session=pass&QueryName=BasicQuery&QueryPage=%2Findex.php%3Fsession%3Dpass&Anywhere=SummaryData%7CAdmWebMetadata&QueryTerms=peter+street&QueryOption=Anywhere&StartAt=121

When this picture was taken it looks like the premises had been taken over by Grahams Vauxhall but you can still see the Henleys sign at the front of the building. If you click the image it will expand for you.

Hope that this helps

Manx

« Reply #6 on: 18:14:09, 13/12/17 »
After Henleys, Grahams etc it became owned by Bauer Millett, they had an elite range of cars, Rollers, Alfo Romeo, Cadillac, Maserati, Ferrari, etc. i used to drool there often.

squawk2003

« Reply #7 on: 09:01:21, 27/07/23 »
I used to work at Henlys Fleet Sales in London around 1970-71 and remember that at that time Jaguar XJ6’s were in short supply with customers waiting for more than 12 months for their orders to be fulfilled! Frank Haxby, the sales manager @ Rosenfield managed to get me one for my father in 6 months & I collected it and drove it to our home in Leighton Buzzard!