Author Topic: BBC Weather  (Read 7771 times)

St Chads Lad

Re: BBC Weather
« Reply #30 on: 18:42:55, 01/03/18 »
I agree with you Celeste, I think the person my son dealt with would make nurse Ratchett look like Mother Theresa  ;D
 Oh and I believe you regarding dating sites  :D

lozflan

« Reply #31 on: 06:41:21, 02/03/18 »
All three Pennine routes are blocked this a.m.
When you are advised not to travel,why havn't I heard any one of the motorists say the trip is urgent?
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Parky

« Reply #32 on: 07:14:09, 02/03/18 »
I’m just waiting for some halfwit blaming climate change :idiot2:

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: 22:25:39, 02/03/18 »
The M62 motorway, where hundreds of snowbound drivers had to spend the night in their vehicles, will remain closed indefinitely, police say.
The army was deployed to help rescue motorists, some stuck for more than 12 hours, as winds speeds reached 90mph on the Rakewood Viaduct near Rochdale.
Snow, ice and high winds have left the motorway shut in both directions between junctions 20 and 24.
Volunteers have been taking supplies to those trapped, including a new baby.
Greater Manchester Police confirmed 3,500 vehicles were stuck on the motorway on Thursday evening.

Many were brought off the road, but around 200 vehicles were stuck there overnight.
Police warned people not to travel unless journeys are essential, as the motorway "remains closed indefinitely".
A spokesman said: "We strongly urge motorists to adhere to all road closure signs as ignoring them could lead to further vehicles becoming stranded.
"This in turn could result in emergency services being diverted away from people who genuinely need their help."
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing