Author Topic: VAR  (Read 3743 times)

lozflan

VAR
« on: 08:54:49, 28/01/18 »
Not so sure about video replay, when there is a bunch of players on the goal line it's too close to call I'd rather have the refs call even if he is wrong. It's just ducking the responsibility.
Would screening it for the fans make things better or worse ?.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Parky

Re: VAR
« Reply #1 on: 09:43:00, 28/01/18 »
VAR at the Liverpool game was an absolute shambles ,completely ruined a good game .

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 11:04:57, 28/01/18 »
Not sure how it works, how much does it hold up the game?
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #3 on: 12:38:07, 28/01/18 »
It holds up the game for up to four minutes but it seems longer ,it takes out the spontaneity out of scoring a goal. Football is a simple game let’s keep it that way

ExileSteve

« Reply #4 on: 23:56:32, 10/02/18 »
Not sure how it works, how much does it hold up the game?

A friend of mine follows rugby, for some peculiar reason or other, and she reckons she's lost count of the number of two-hour-plus matches she's been forced to endure as a result of video replays. It's supposed to be just forty minutes each way. :(

Parky

« Reply #5 on: 19:06:49, 17/02/18 »
Huddersfield v Manchester Utd .var an absolute shambles ,scrap it now

lozflan

« Reply #6 on: 11:01:59, 18/02/18 »
They seem to have trouble with parallel lines and one offside was described as a boot being guilty.
One silly one Isaw last week,was a shoulder,caused by leaning forward. The only answer for me would be the whole torso.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

ExileSteve

« Reply #7 on: 00:24:31, 19/02/18 »
Rod Liddell writes in the current issue of The Spectator, bemoaning the fact that the football authorities are trying to make the game perfect. It isn't, and nor should it ever be. VAR is an absolute menace and will most likely cause severe damage to the sport at the top level. Much as I've always loved football, I can't honestly say I've got a burning desire to sit in a stadium for three hours while they haggle over every single whip and flip of every single incident in the entire match.

When crowds start dwindling away it might bring about a return to common sense. Possibly, at any rate.

Parky

« Reply #8 on: 19:56:07, 28/02/18 »
Just watching spurs v Rochdale VAR has been used and again it’s been an absolute joke with spurs having a legitimate goal disallowed . As The games going on it’s becoming stop start due to VAR  a complete shambles , I can’t take a second half of this rubbish
« Last Edit: 20:15:05, 28/02/18 by Parky »

ExileSteve

« Reply #9 on: 22:10:10, 03/03/18 »

Of course, we now know why the FIFA and various other sections of football's corrupt leadership are so keen on foisting VAR on us whether we like it or not. It's because they're planning to use these 'time outs' to put commercial adverts into the middle of live matches during the World Cup this year. And once it's been done at a World Cup you can bet your bottom dollar it will become commonplace absolutely everywhere that football is televised. Premier League, Champions League, Football League. Probably also the FA Cup, at least for as long as they allow that particular competition to carry on at all.

Throw in the new and totally pointless mid-season tournament in some sunny place on the planet (oops, I'm sorry, I meant to say the "mid-winter break") starting the season after next and, my goodness, we've got an awful lot to look forward to, haven't we? Yes, I'm licking my lips at the prospects of it all.................... :-\