Author Topic: West Ham ...................united  (Read 3197 times)

Jim44

West Ham ...................united
« on: 21:45:53, 02/02/18 »
Tony Henry, head of recruitment at WHU as been suspended for sending an email saying some African players
 'have a bad attitude' and 'cause mayhem'. He is more or less being accused of being racist.

Now I don't know if he is right or wrong. But if he is right, I'll guarantee NOT one Premier league club will back him. They may quietly agree with him but won't have the guts to back him.

There again why couldn't the receipient of the email just have a quiet word with him?

Parky

Re: West Ham ...................united
« Reply #1 on: 21:54:18, 02/02/18 »
This is a strange one ,I remember a well known Person  in football a few years ago saying Dutch players were awkward , stubborn and sometimes arrogant, and of course no one batted an eyelid.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 09:30:12, 03/02/18 »

The 'Dooch', was it Jack Charlton?  ;D
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #3 on: 09:55:21, 03/02/18 »
 ;D , I saw Jackie charlton a few years ago speaking at a local club ,what a gentleman friendly and  funny  unlike his brother

St Chads Lad

« Reply #4 on: 11:46:40, 03/02/18 »
Tony Henry, head of recruitment at WHU as been suspended for sending an email saying some African players
 'have a bad attitude' and 'cause mayhem'. He is more or less being accused of being racist.

Now I don't know if he is right or wrong. But if he is right, I'll guarantee NOT one Premier league club will back him. They may quietly agree with him but won't have the guts to back him.

There again why couldn't the receipient of the email just have a quiet word with him?
  Mr Henry has claimed that it was David Moyes' policy of no Africans but Moyes dismisses this saying he tried to sign two Africans on deadline day, it sounds like protests too much to me,  I'm wondering is Tony Henry a fall guy?  :-\

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 12:10:27, 03/02/18 »
Before they sack anyone - e.g. as in those circumstances - aren't they supposed to have an investigation first?

Parky

« Reply #6 on: 12:26:10, 03/02/18 »
Before they sack anyone - e.g. as in those circumstances - aren't they supposed to have an investigation first?
not in the uk today, I dread to think what the future holds for free speech

Jim44

« Reply #7 on: 20:19:22, 03/02/18 »
not in the uk today, I dread to think what the future holds for free speech

O0 :( :( :(

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 15:20:48, 08/02/18 »
Moyes  - will he stay or will he go!

ExileSteve

« Reply #9 on: 23:52:47, 10/02/18 »
Does anyone remember the days when we prided ourselves on how carefully we protected freedom of thought and expression in this country? It seems like an eternity ago now.