Author Topic: Football  (Read 47178 times)

Parky

Football
« on: 21:40:06, 21/02/18 »
a masterclass performance in defence tonight favours  Manchester United in the next leg of the champions league, the treble’s still alive ;)

ExileSteve

Re: Football
« Reply #1 on: 21:41:54, 24/02/18 »
I take it the ale was bang on form in your local the other night, Parky!

:)

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 22:05:21, 24/02/18 »
Holt’s diamond lager makes the world look clearer and crap players look good ,  O0

ExileSteve

« Reply #3 on: 23:47:46, 24/02/18 »
I know what you mean! Beer has helped get me through more seasons of anguish than I care to remember.

Let's raise a glass to one of God's greatest ever ideas. Cheers!

;D

Parky

« Reply #4 on: 21:36:17, 13/03/18 »
Well that’s the treble  gone. :( ;)

ExileSteve

« Reply #5 on: 21:40:39, 13/03/18 »
There's always the FA Cup.  :)

Parky

« Reply #6 on: 21:45:00, 13/03/18 »
My team are facing a relegation battle Steve . I’ve been putting dubbin on me boots just in case I get the call :)

Parky

« Reply #7 on: 20:30:40, 07/04/18 »
Well blow me down, that’s a six pointer and the title race is back on , another holt’s if you please innkeeper!

ExileSteve

« Reply #8 on: 22:06:49, 07/04/18 »
Well blow me down, that’s a six pointer and the title race is back on , another holt’s if you please innkeeper!

You wish!  :)

It's a shame we didn't clinch it today, but we have have to keep it all in perspective. Ten years ago it would have the other way around, with plucky little City trying to frustrate big guns United to delay their triumph for another week. It's a feather in United's cap and well done to them, but I would much rather be in our position than theirs. Their satisfaction merely illustrates how the balance of power has shifted over recent years.

In any case, it's probably not such a bad thing that the season won't be finishing at a bit of a canter, because it might have brought us some fearful problems next time around. City are certainly not the finished article yet, and all the media speculation about whether or not we have "the greatest team ever" is nonsense. Pep has to get his strike force sorted out, which is not as strange as it might sound despite the number of goals they have scored, for this merely disguises how casual and wasteful they are. I hope they might have learned a lesson from today's little mishap. As the pundits and commentators said, it could have been five or six for City by half time. But it wasn't, it was only two because of yet again our strikers missed some absolute sitters, and there was a price to pay. The strikers are primarily responsible for our defeat this evening.

So, we'll finish this term with 'only' the Premier League to add to the League Cup, but maybe from our longer-term prospects it might be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully!

ExileSteve

« Reply #9 on: 22:09:43, 07/04/18 »
Sorry about a couple of errors in that post above, folks. The Porthleven Bitter has been going down rather smoothly.......... ::)

Parky

« Reply #10 on: 22:19:24, 07/04/18 »
I’m not a betting man Steve , but I’m going to have a couple of quid on city overturning the scousers  I’ve just got a feeling, the title is obviously yours and no team ever [censored] the title ,congratulations , I’ve been to that powerhouse of football Tamworth fc today to see fc Utd achieve their only second away of the season it’s slightly eased the relegation battle,

Parky

« Reply #11 on: 22:22:25, 07/04/18 »
I’m not a betting man Steve , but I’m going to have a couple of quid on city overturning the scousers  I’ve just got a feeling, the title is obviously yours and no team ever [censored] the title ,congratulations , I’ve been to that powerhouse of football Tamworth fc today to see fc Utd achieve their only second away of the season it’s slightly eased the relegation battle,
the censored word was f.l.uk,e.d  .goodness knows why.

ExileSteve

« Reply #12 on: 00:16:10, 08/04/18 »
Let's hope you're right! It has been done before, of course, but it's a big ask........

On the subject of censorship, at least we can say what we want (within reason) on this website. I used to contribute a lot of comments to the Daily Express, although I rarely bother nowadays because the levels of censorship are impossible to tolerate. Anyway, I don't know if it's still the case but the DE would never allow the word 'gas' to appear on the site, and an entire comment (not just the word itself) would automatically be deleted if anybody tried to use it. God knows why. Also, harmless words like 'entitled' would cause a comment to bite the dust because 't', 'i' and't' sit next to each other. Any mention of certain individuals (especially Gina Millar) was strictly verboten. And so on. The word you used is a strange one to delete, though. Computers, eh?

:D

lozflan

« Reply #13 on: 15:54:32, 11/04/18 »
  Parky I hope you didn't put that bet on , City seem to have hit a wall,but I was pleased to see Pep and a mate in the stand, sporting yellow ribbons for the Catalan political prisoners.Pep has been fined for it already,good on him.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Parky

« Reply #14 on: 16:31:58, 11/04/18 »
  Parky I hope you didn't put that bet on , City seem to have hit a wall,but I was pleased to see Pep and a mate in the stand, sporting yellow ribbons for the Catalan political prisoners.Pep has been fined for it already,good on him.
thankfully Mrs parky stubbed her troubled toe on my toolbox(she did laugh) ::)  so I had to take her to the quacks thus missing out on placing the bet