Author Topic: Football  (Read 631 times)

ExileSteve

Re: Football
« Reply #15 on: 21:44:42, 11/04/18 »
  Parky I hope you didn't put that bet on , City seem to have hit a wall,but I was pleased to see Pep and a mate in the stand, sporting yellow ribbons for the Catalan political prisoners.Pep has been fined for it already,good on him.

Yes, good for Pep, standing up for what he believes in.

As for City, even though I run the awful risk of sounding like Mr Whinger (oops, I mean Wenger) at Arsenal, we've had issues with referees all season and to have had a legitimate goal disallowed last night (on top of having two clear penalties denied on Saturday evening) was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. I can't blame Pep for losing his cool at last, because I would probably have lost mine long before now. If we had gone in at half-time with a 2-0 lead I reckon we would have beaten Liverpool within ninety minutes, but this latest refereeing clanger was a game changer.

But there we have it. There's no point in crying over spilt milk. If we're feeling slightly disappointed over 'only' finishing as champions and collecting the League Cup into the bargain then we ain't doing all that bad! :)

GORDON WOODS

« Reply #16 on: 21:58:47, 11/04/18 »
Really disappointed for Pep and the boys.

Have to say, Sterling must be the most expensive miss  kicker in the league, talk about put your head in you hands moments !

I think Steves right, if we had gone in at half time two up, we would have beat Liverpool no trouble.

What happened to the controversial VAR ? are they not using it in the Champions league ?

Oh, and another niggle, when did the Linesman suddenly become " assistant referee's "  ??

Cheers
Gordon

Parky

« Reply #17 on: 18:41:13, 15/04/18 »
For the blues on here congratulations , with city winning , utd losing and fc Utd getting beat yesterday Iím going to lie down in a dark room for a month