Author Topic: Football  (Read 47220 times)

ExileSteve

Re: Football
« Reply #15 on: 21:44:42, 11/04/18 »
  Parky I hope you didn't put that bet on , City seem to have hit a wall,but I was pleased to see Pep and a mate in the stand, sporting yellow ribbons for the Catalan political prisoners.Pep has been fined for it already,good on him.

Yes, good for Pep, standing up for what he believes in.

As for City, even though I run the awful risk of sounding like Mr Whinger (oops, I mean Wenger) at Arsenal, we've had issues with referees all season and to have had a legitimate goal disallowed last night (on top of having two clear penalties denied on Saturday evening) was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. I can't blame Pep for losing his cool at last, because I would probably have lost mine long before now. If we had gone in at half-time with a 2-0 lead I reckon we would have beaten Liverpool within ninety minutes, but this latest refereeing clanger was a game changer.

But there we have it. There's no point in crying over spilt milk. If we're feeling slightly disappointed over 'only' finishing as champions and collecting the League Cup into the bargain then we ain't doing all that bad! :)

GORDON WOODS

« Reply #16 on: 21:58:47, 11/04/18 »
Really disappointed for Pep and the boys.

Have to say, Sterling must be the most expensive miss  kicker in the league, talk about put your head in you hands moments !

I think Steves right, if we had gone in at half time two up, we would have beat Liverpool no trouble.

What happened to the controversial VAR ? are they not using it in the Champions league ?

Oh, and another niggle, when did the Linesman suddenly become " assistant referee's "  ??

Cheers
Gordon

Parky

« Reply #17 on: 18:41:13, 15/04/18 »
For the blues on here congratulations , with city winning , utd losing and fc Utd getting beat yesterday I’m going to lie down in a dark room for a month

Parky

« Reply #18 on: 10:10:27, 23/07/18 »
East fife 4 Forfar 5 , has actually happened yesterday (pens) ;D

St Chads Lad

« Reply #19 on: 16:47:01, 28/07/18 »
A poll published in the M.E.N. puts Chelsea at the top of a list of most hated football clubs, closely followed by Man U with Man City in seventh place, I was just wondering how such a survey helps anyone  :-\

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: 17:26:56, 28/07/18 »
In the Liverpool and London rags the poll would be entirely different, I suppose it fills up newspaper space.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #21 on: 17:31:55, 28/07/18 »
A poll published in the M.E.N. puts Chelsea at the top of a list of most hated football clubs, closely followed by Man U with Man City in seventh place, I was just wondering how such a survey helps anyone  :-\
id sooner believe the beano than the evening news , it’s an embarrassment

St Chads Lad

« Reply #22 on: 17:46:26, 28/07/18 »
I agree wholeheartedly Parky, I just thought it a bit irresponsible that a newspaper would publish such a survey given the new season is just around the corner.

Parky

« Reply #23 on: 17:51:35, 28/07/18 »
If you were to get an opinion off a match going utd fan then the answer to the question is Liverpool , a non match going fan would possibly  be city , a city fan asked the same question would be utd   Although recent events would have Liverpool a close second , imho

lozflan

« Reply #24 on: 18:51:12, 28/07/18 »
Klop said, Ramos is a brutal thug.
I said it on the day,why didn't he?.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

ExileSteve

« Reply #25 on: 23:59:03, 28/07/18 »
If you were to get an opinion off a match going utd fan then the answer to the question is Liverpool , a non match going fan would possibly  be city , a city fan asked the same question would be utd   Although recent events would have Liverpool a close second , imho

I'm not so sure about United being top of every City supporter's grudge list, Parky, because I'm fairly sure that Liverpool have opened up quite a long gap in first place. And then there's Chelsea.

Much as I loath getting turned over in a local derby, I think it is still slightly more palatable than losing to either of the others I've mentioned.

ExileSteve

« Reply #26 on: 12:16:23, 10/08/18 »
The new season is off to a flyer, thank God, and City were most encouraging at Wembley on Sunday.

I dragged the wife along to our first live match of the new campaign last Saturday. North West Counties League Division One South, Maine Road 1 Eccleshall 2. Yes, folks, I certainly know how to charm the ladies!

Actually, the game was worth watching just to see the winning goal, which was an absolute belter, terrible shame there was no camera there to record it.

Did you go to Stockport, dare I ask, Parky? :-[

Parky

« Reply #27 on: 14:37:07, 10/08/18 »
The new season is off to a flyer, thank God, and City were most encouraging at Wembley on Sunday.

I dragged the wife along to our first live match of the new campaign last Saturday. North West Counties League Division One South, Maine Road 1 Eccleshall 2. Yes, folks, I certainly know how to charm the ladies!

Actually, the game was worth watching just to see the winning goal, which was an absolute belter, terrible shame there was no camera there to record it.

Did you go to Stockport, dare I ask, Parky? :-[
ouch .you should have come along  You could have treated your good lady to a feast of goals in what can only be described as a six goal thriller :'(

ExileSteve

« Reply #28 on: 11:15:31, 13/08/18 »
Yes, Penzance are no doubt due for a few of those this season!

City were excellent once again yesterday, but Arsenal should not despair. The last two meetings between the sides saw us dish out 3-0 thumpings so at least they managed to keep the score down on this occasion, which must be a bit of a feather in the new manager's cap.

Speaking of the new chap, I'm sure Dick Emery will be every bit as successful at being the boss of the Gunners as he was as a comedian on the small screen all those years ago. In all honesty I was convinced he was dead some years back. But then again, it probably doesn't make much of a difference to The Arsenal these days.

Enjoy the season, everyone!!!!

:) :) :)

Parky

« Reply #29 on: 11:55:01, 13/08/18 »
I’m trying steve I’m really trying  :'(