Author Topic: Football  (Read 47188 times)

Parky

Re: Football
« Reply #180 on: 09:02:37, 12/07/21 »
Lack of tactical nous by Southgate , Mancini just the opposite

St Chads Lad

« Reply #181 on: 11:09:09, 12/07/21 »
I wonder who'll be in the bag this time, these three seemed to get over their 'heartbreak' long enough to make a few quid.

https://youtu.be/GWqmqGsTTBI  ;D

Parky

« Reply #182 on: 16:55:36, 12/07/21 »
Surprisingly I’ve really enjoyed these euros but what I won’t miss is the hundreds of so called celebs who blagged or jumped the queue for tickets for England games when a lot of them have never been in a football ground before ,I  also won’t miss the co commentators waffling on about sweet fa, and don’t get me going wheeling a woman player on with the caption underneath saying she’s won a hundred caps for her country

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: 17:31:52, 12/07/21 »
I never tuned in until the 8 0'clock kick-off - bored with the BBC pundits,  but Roy Keane is usually on point,  Andy Townsend was too,  never see him now.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: 17:39:43, 12/07/21 »
On the Darren Gough/Darren Bent radio show they were talking about druggies/junkies dealing in the toilets.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #185 on: 20:31:13, 12/07/21 »
  Didn't watch it, didn't care tbh and as the day has gone on and hearing some of the things from Southgate and his virtue signalling soy boys about taking the knee I'm glad I didn't and won't in future.

ExileSteve

« Reply #186 on: 22:09:36, 12/07/21 »
So pleased for Roberto Mancini, a bloody good coach and a bloody good bloke. I don't begrudge his current achievements one little bit. As for "England", no genuine English team would ever kneel in submission to an evil group of violent terrorists. I honestly did try to make an effort to get behind this collection of Woke Winkers, but every effort failed, sadly.

Congratulations to Italy!

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: 11:48:31, 14/07/21 »
Euro 2020: Harry Maguire, Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling in team of tournament - BBC Sport

England's Harry Maguire, Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling, plus five players from winners Italy, have been named in the Euro 2020 team of the tournament.

Italy beat England on penalties to win the final on Sunday.Leonardo Bonucci, Jorginho, Leonardo Spinazzola, Federico Chiesa and player of the tournament Gianluigi Donnarumma feature for Italy.
Denmark's Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Belgium's Romelu Lukaku and Spanish youngster Pedri are also included.

Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo is left out despite being the tournament's joint top goalscorer with five goals and equalling the men's international goalscoring record along the way.
There is no place for the tournament's other joint top scorer, Czech Republic forward Patrik Schick.

England left-back Luke Shaw is left out, despite impressing with three assists in the tournament and a second-minute opening goal in the final.
The line-up was chosen by Uefa's team of 16 technical observers, made up of former players and former/current coaches, which includes West Ham manager David Moyes, former England boss Fabio Capello and ex-Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane.
The technical observers chose a 4-3-3 line-up, the most commonly used formation from the tournament.
« Last Edit: 11:52:30, 14/07/21 by celeste »

Parky

« Reply #188 on: 12:48:05, 14/07/21 »
Moyes,? :2funny:

ExileSteve

« Reply #189 on: 21:18:03, 21/07/21 »
Mr Moyes is most likely the greatest manager the Rags have ever had. If you don't support the Rags, that is. 😄

St Chads Lad

« Reply #190 on: 19:26:25, 07/09/21 »

The new socca elites are now staging ‘zero-carbon fixtures’ to teach us how to live.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/09/07/no-planet-football-wont-save-planet-earth/

Apologies for the expletive in the article.

ExileSteve

« Reply #191 on: 22:08:48, 07/09/21 »
I can hardly believe I am saying it or that it has come to this, but I really do hate pro football and all other pro sports with a passion. It really is just the local game for me from now onwards. Thank God for non-League football, especially at its lowest levels.

Parky

« Reply #192 on: 07:54:58, 08/09/21 »
I can hardly believe I am saying it or that it has come to this, but I really do hate pro football and all other pro sports with a passion. It really is just the local game for me from now onwards. Thank God for non-League football, especially at its lowest levels.
Definitely with you there

Parky

« Reply #193 on: 10:06:06, 08/09/21 »
Steve , last night fc Utd were two one down with two minutes to go against Bootle in a fa cup qualifying round replay , we grabbed a equaliser in the 90th minute then got the winner in injury time , that was proper football

St Chads Lad

« Reply #194 on: 10:26:15, 08/09/21 »
Sounds like a nail biter, well done F.C. United.   O0