Author Topic: Manchester Airport charges  (Read 2915 times)

lozflan

Manchester Airport charges
« on: 09:59:30, 21/03/18 »
New charge for dropping off passengers at the Airport,start in June.
There is congestion at drop off areas,but how can charging,change this?. People will still want dropping off without lugging cases on and off a bus,which is the other option.
Will taxis be exempt?
Sad that this great Airport is a victim of it's own success,has a terrible parking system and can only think of a way to rake in more money.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

lozflan

Re: Manchester Airport charges
« Reply #1 on: 11:56:16, 31/03/18 »
Just when you think you're OK with Terminal 3 drop off,someone has to mess it up.
You have to get in left lane at lights {where it was a right at the Hilton} carry on looking for a right turn ,Ringway road, small sign says, hire car returns. You will find further on the Drop Off.    If I didn't have someone guiding, I would have gone wrong. This may be temporary.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 12:16:03, 31/03/18 »
Seems very convoluted and complicated nowadays, last time I went I noticed the old freight area had become a 'village' - and I hardly recognized Ringway Road - there used to be a pleasant airport lounge (blue club chairs) a bar grill, views of the runway, it seemed to be all shut off and the eating area was unimaginative.

It's off-putting for visitors but tbf it's needed for the amount of business it now does, perhaps better signposting would help :-\

What are the charges?
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

lozflan

« Reply #3 on: 08:39:25, 01/04/18 »
The least I expect is large clear signage,not a small black and white board that doesn't even say Terminal. Even if it is Temporary.    Charges come in Oct. should be less than £5.

lozflan

« Reply #4 on: 14:38:31, 22/09/18 »
Mr Graham Benbow a psychology teacher at Altringham Grammer School for Girls,has been found guilty of dangerous driving,sentenced to six months, which the judge suspended.
The crime,driving out of the Airport drop off without paying.   A worker tried to stop him and was carried hundreds of yards on the car bonnet
The judge said it was an absolute disgrace that you cannot take people to the Airport without paying an extraordinary amount
Mr Benbow said he did not know of the charge and didn't see a sign.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 14:48:31, 22/09/18 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45599295

A teacher who drove at a Manchester Airport parking official in a row over drop-off costs has been spared jail by a judge who said the fee was "unjust".

Graham Benbow, 55, of Stockton Heath, was given a six-month suspended sentence after admitting dangerous driving at Manchester Crown Court.

Judge Bernard Lever described the drop-off fees as an "absolute disgrace".

Manchester Airport said the judge was "irresponsible" and the outcome showed "complete disregard" for its staff.

The court heard the parking attendant ended up on the car bonnet and was driven along a road for several hundred yards when he tried to stop Benbow leaving.

Benbow had refused to pay the fee - £3 for five minutes or £4 for 10 minutes - and said there were no clear signs indicating that he should.

He reversed his car to look at the signs but then drove towards one of the barriers when he noticed it was open.

The staff member placed himself against the barrier to stop him, but Benbow continued, the prosecution said.

Parky

« Reply #6 on: 19:31:39, 22/09/18 »
The parking official was a tit, a person possibly on the minimum wage trying to stop someone who hadn’t paid the park charge risking serious injury , just take his number and leave it to the management

Corrupt council

« Reply #7 on: 22:59:05, 22/09/18 »
When you sell off your national airports to Australia
 £3 drop of charge is just the start.

Wake up to the problem .

ROY.

lozflan

« Reply #8 on: 17:57:17, 17/09/19 »
What is happening at the Airport that once was the showpiece of Manchester.?.
Named among the worst in the UK,by Which Travels survey,while Doncaster rated among the best.  Bosses, hang your heads in shame.

Brad

« Reply #9 on: 00:11:09, 18/09/19 »
Worth pointing out that Which announced Belfast International as the worst airport based on interviews with only 68 passengers. Also, can Doncaster/Sheffield named best airport with 1 million passengers a year be accurately compared to Manchester with 30 million passengers per year.
There seems to be one of these surveys/awards every week.
Manchester Airport was voted the best airport in the UK & Ireland at yesterdays Travel Trade Gazette Awards. Recently it was voted the 5th in Europe for passenger friendliness at the 1st Annual Edition of the European Consumer Airport Index.
I take them all with a pinch of salt!

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: 08:27:36, 18/09/19 »
Yes, good point, I've long doubted all such surveys ;)

lozflan

« Reply #11 on: 09:36:38, 18/09/19 »
The airport,of which I  have always been very proud of,is I think a victim of it's success.
Looking through the eyes of older,maybe infirm,but not in need of help,passengers. Drop off and pick up used to be a doddle.
Now [unlessit's changed] arriving at Term 1 or 3,after a flight,tired,log a trolley and cases across a road  to a car,poorly lit ,its cold and raining, the ticket machine designed by Alan Turing.
Airside food,forget it. Passing security,so important ,no sympathy for oldies,belt off shoes off,hold pants up,some can't. Hope that cheers the staff up.
My post was to make a point,there is room for improvement and get top ratings to No 1.
The start of your journey,used to be exciteing an adventure,bring that feeling back.