Author Topic: What would you do to make Manchester a better place to live?  (Read 10933 times)

Corrupt council

I think Steve's response was correct, your post was just a moan about Muslims getting the blame for stuff and he made some good points, nowhere in your post did you ask about what would make Manchester a better place to live  ???

I suggest you read the topic header. Before commencing to comment. It  helps . :o

ROY.

Parky

Right we’ve been through scrapping bus and bike lanes, zero tolerance on litter , more police , less councillors, in my mind we should look to the government ,the judges and take a zero tolerance of “ low level crime “,( which always leads to major crime) the high level of all crime in Manchester ( as in most cities in the uk ) blights our city .

St Chads Lad

I know what the thread is about but the thrust of your comment was about Muslims and I was just pointing out he made some good points which I happen to agree with and no doubt a lot of people feel the same.
     Sorry if this offends you

I suggest you read the topic header. Before commencing to comment. It  helps . :o

Corrupt council

It doesn't offend me it bores me the constant blame a group of people in every topic.

Parky I agree low level crime a zero tolerance. The stench of weed is now becoming as popular as lynx's deodarant.
High level crime should be looked into especially councilors on the take .

And I mean as directors of building firms who seem to find it with ease to get planning permission to level areas and build unaffordable luxury flats.

More trees , should be planted and maintained.
ROY.

Corrupt council

Right we’ve been through scrapping bus and bike lanes, zero tolerance on litter , more police , less councillors, in my mind we should look to the government ,the judges and take a zero tolerance of “ low level crime “,( which always leads to major crime) the high level of all crime in Manchester ( as in most cities in the uk ) blights our city .

1 bus lanes gone
2 bike lanes gone
3 litter
4 take away fines
5 more police
6 less council members
7 zero tolerance on low level crime
8 more trees

I would add this
9 lower council tax bills
10 tube to be put in take away the metro
11 homeless to be given zero tolerance .people fined for giving money. To beggers.
12 school hours to be extended and all schools mixed sex9/ 6 school days. Saturday optional sports day.

13 all public buildings to fly the union jack and a Manchester flag. schools , hospitals, the lot 5 percent of council business tax so  business can do it as well.

14 bars and clubs back to being closed at 2
15 the canals to be cleaned up and investment put in.
16 traffic officer to be placed at rush hour in known grid lock spots . Auto traffic lights create more problems than solve.
No one seems to notice we are fully automatic on the roads and it has very little variable in moving traffic along. The human touch is needed.
« Last Edit: 17:54:02, 01/05/18 by Corrupt council »
ROY.

Parky

Some excellent points  but how would you lmplement the zero tolerance on the homeless?
« Last Edit: 22:25:09, 01/05/18 by Parky »

lozflan

Well, loitering with intent to beg,[if sitting down] told to move . Mrs L gave to a man in Stockport who looked" beaten up" [his words] Soft as poo she is.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Parky

Yes loz but they’ll only move elsewhere , the vagrancy act is still on the statute book, but there is certainly no police will to arrest them and if they did where will they put them ,?

St Chads Lad

What about reinstating some play area in the parks for the kids that aren't so risk averse like the witches hat, roundabout and the old rocking horse that multiple kids could sit on, we used to hammer them and of course a decent slide

ExileSteve

Dear God, this woman is becoming tedious, isn't she? Consider yourself told off, other wise you're going to be lectured by this sanctimonious prig for the rest of your natural. :-\

Corrupt council

Dear God, this woman is becoming tedious, isn't she? Consider yourself told off, other wise you're going to be lectured by this sanctimonious prig for the rest of your natural. :-\

For some reason you keep harking back to personal attacks where I want to talk about the topic.

Move on ,contribute and be happy.
Other wise you must be here to troll .

ROY.

GORDON WOODS

I always thought Sharia was Dennis's sister  ::)

ExileSteve

Nice one!! :) :)

Parky

;D I’m going to have to up my game

ExileSteve

Evidently, Parky! ;)