Author Topic: Cantona returning to Old Trafford for Soccer Aid  (Read 1887 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44073464

Manchester United and France legend Eric Cantona is to return to the hallowed Old Trafford turf in June.

He'll be playing at Manchester United's stadium as part of the Soccer Aid charity football match for Unicef.

The 51-year-old says: "There is no place like home. Knowing I am coming back to Old Trafford is a special feeling."

He joins a host of famous faces including Usain Bolt, Sir Mo Farah, Olly Murs and Gordon Ramsay.

All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

Re: Cantona returning to Old Trafford for Soccer Aid
« Reply #1 on: 09:58:35, 11/05/18 »
It’s to be hoped that the players and celebrities won’t be taking a big wedge out of the game  :o ,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #2 on: 10:58:23, 11/05/18 »
It’s to be hoped that the players and celebrities won’t be taking a big wedge out of the game  :o ,
Nah they wouldn't do that ........woùld they?  ::)

Parky

« Reply #3 on: 14:04:01, 11/05/18 »
Nah they wouldn't do that ........woùld they?  ::)
i went to a football match twenty years ago which was to raise money for a well known Manchester disaster which should have been taken care of many years before then , I was disgusted when I found out that some “ famous names “ had brought their entire family’s and friends with them and charged the bills to the fundraisers , won’t fall for that again.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #4 on: 14:35:54, 11/05/18 »
Absolutely disgusting, but didn't the "slebs" that took part in the Full Monty on ITV  supposedly get paid more than the charity actually made as well?
   Personally I wouldn't give a shekel to any "celeb" endorsed charity.