Author Topic: Bee in the city event  (Read 618 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Bee in the city event
« on: 09:16:33, 17/06/18 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-manchester-44506321/manchester-s-125-bee-swarm-sculptures-art-trail

Manchester's 125 bee swarm sculptures' art trail
Thousands of children and teenagers have been involved in designing and decorating 125 bee sculptures to form an art trail in Manchester.
Artists aged from 18 months to 18 years were involved, as part of the Bee in the City event to celebrate Manchester's "creativity and pioneering spirit".
They will go with 100 super-size sculptures which have been crafted by local artists.Jun 2018                 
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Corrupt council

Re: Bee in the city event
« Reply #1 on: 17:45:29, 17/06/18 »

Do we stand together?
In a political climate of cliche, exclusion, misuse of power and UK political failures, and many of those are from inadequate local leadership, this article is an important one, daring to ask that question, beyond the soundbites...

"Let’s stop telling the world that we’re doing things differently and actually do something different, and make the statement

“What Manchester does today, the world does tomorrow” ring true again".

"Manchester has too many societal issues staring at us right in the face for me to believe that we do stand together. Far too many people are being abused. Far too many people are not being looked after".

"Until Manchester solves these basic problems, I don’t believe that we have truly stood together. Until we have a city that isn’t divided, a city that doesn’t ignore its most vulnerable, I can never be truly proud of my city".

A few big bee sculptures solve nothing .
ROY.