Author Topic: Ring and Ride....again  (Read 705 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Ring and Ride....again
« on: 19:38:23, 18/07/18 »
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/lynne-says-ring-ride-service-14911325

57year old Lynne Tunney says these buses saved her life but now this vital service could be slashed and she is devastated.

Twenty buses used by Ring and Ride need to be replaced. But if the £1.25m can’t be found, transport bosses may have to share vehicles with health, social and community transport groups.

There will be a meeting on Friday.
« Last Edit: 20:38:04, 18/07/18 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

Re: Ring and Ride....again
« Reply #1 on: 20:11:00, 18/07/18 »
My neighbour relies on these to get her out otherwise she would be stuck in all day , can’t we pay for it out of the foreign aid?

claretwoman

Re: Ring and Ride....again
« Reply #2 on: 13:22:12, 31/07/18 »
It is tragic that this service is to be axed, but in my humble opinion it is a bit badly run.  Whenever my parents used to use it they appear to be the only people on the bus, I can't believe no one in the area is going out at the same time, from what my dad tells me unless it has changed recently every time you ring up it is a right rigmarole even just identifying yourself as a bona fide user, even before you begin to sort out if it's possible to actually travel anywhere, perhaps this is the cunning plan, put people off to such an extent, they go elsewhere and the service is no longer viable.