Author Topic: Manchester students deface poem by 'racist' Kipling  (Read 11800 times)

St Chads Lad

Re: Manchester students deface poem by 'racist' Kipling
« Reply #15 on: 16:23:49, 22/07/18 »
Hilarious isn't it,  the romantic notion that that lefties have of "The working class", your story is very similar to mine in respect of working in a unionised workplace,  same experience, no one cared about the political aims of the loonies, we were busy getting on with life and our families

Corrupt council

« Reply #16 on: 21:08:21, 23/07/18 »
So what is it you object to the students right to to write on a wall as the Rudyard Kipling painters did?

What is so naugthy about what they have done ?

They exercised the freedom of speech as did the people who did the Rudyard Kipling mosiac.

ROY.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: 21:21:20, 27/07/18 »
Naughty? What, like children?

deface

/dɪˈfeɪs/

verb

past tense: defaced; past participle: defaced

spoil the surface or appearance of (something), for example by drawing or writing on it.
"he defaced library books"

synonyms: vandalize, disfigure, mar, spoil, ruin, deform, sully, tarnish, damage; More
injure, uglify, blight, blemish, impair;

informaltag, trash

"a graffiti artist who defaced buildings and motorway bridges"

er Vandalise?

All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #18 on: 22:00:07, 27/07/18 »
So what is it you object to the students right to to write on a wall as the Rudyard Kipling painters did?

What is so naugthy about what they have done ?

They exercised the freedom of speech as did the people who did the Rudyard Kipling mosiac.
then do a separate one ,as I said before large school kids,

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: 09:51:39, 28/07/18 »
then do a separate one ,as I said before large school kids,

O0

Not rocket science is it ;)

St Chads Lad

« Reply #20 on: 10:46:24, 28/07/18 »
I don't think the object of the exercise was to challenge Kipling,  the object was part of the effort to expunge anything to do with our proud history, it's a well used commie ploy to reset us to year zero and create a new one in keeping with their sick outlook

Corrupt council

« Reply #21 on: 10:52:27, 28/07/18 »
I think 3 issues here , one where the Kipling was painted and who was it aimed at .

3 being the right to freedom of expression.

Rudyard is Well known as author of the racist poem The White Man’s Burden, and a plethora of other work that sought to legitimate the British empire’s presence in India and dehumanise people of colour, it is deeply inappropriate to promote the work of Kipling in multicultural students union which is named after prominent South African anti-apartheid activist Steve Biko.

If they wanted to promote an author and celebrate his work why choose that building?

It seems the Kipling supporters are allowed to express what they consider appropriate. But the students are not?
« Last Edit: 10:56:58, 28/07/18 by Corrupt council »
ROY.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 11:51:15, 28/07/18 »
If they don't approve of the Kipling painting then request it to be removed, no need to deface it, says a lot about them, wasn't the Kipling painting freedom of expression to start with, but they wouldn't allow it.

So what if the next lot of students decide they don't want the other painting up, and so on, it would get ridiculous.

Corrupt council

« Reply #23 on: 12:33:38, 28/07/18 »
They were not asked, they were given the art by the out of touch university .
It never realised that old favourites such as Kipling are falling out of favour with this generation .

History is being looked at in a different light now .I for one think the students made the protest the best way they could .
From what I read they did object and it fell on deaf ears . Hence the need for protest.

« Last Edit: 12:58:59, 28/07/18 by Corrupt council »
ROY.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #24 on: 13:01:41, 28/07/18 »

You're wasting your time Celeste I'm afraid. :)
The anarchistic scum that did it believe that they are entitled to "freedom of expression", pretty much as do the people that defend them, but if anyone defaced anything relating to Biko, Mandela or any lefty "icon" these same pond life would be outraged.

Corrupt council

« Reply #25 on: 13:17:26, 28/07/18 »
Biko,Mandela were not creating RACISM , HATRED or segregation of people.

I think you are very insulting to call people pond life because they don't swoon over the  racist that you idolise.
« Last Edit: 13:26:49, 28/07/18 by Corrupt council »
ROY.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #26 on: 13:39:24, 28/07/18 »
That comment sort of proves my point about lefties and freedom of expression, I expressed an opinion and get shouted down by a comrade, to be accused of being insulting by the resident troll is hilarious, feel free to disagree anytime, I'm sure there are others that others do, I'm sure there are other comments to come that people disagree with, thank you for your input though I found it very uplifting.  :)

Corrupt council

« Reply #27 on: 17:17:43, 28/07/18 »
You are calling humans of which you are one pond life if they are not racist?

Explain how that proves your point . Actually don't bother as the level of debate has reached a new height that is utterly beyond any logic to me.
ROY.

Parky

« Reply #28 on: 17:36:01, 28/07/18 »
Cc , I don’t understand that you don’t understand that they were free to put their poem up alongside if they wanted   but chose to deface Kiplings , would you be happy if the right defaced the students poem?

St Chads Lad

« Reply #29 on: 17:41:44, 28/07/18 »

You are calling humans of which you are one pond life if they are not racist?

Explain how that proves your point . Actually don't bother as the level of debate has reached a new height that is utterly beyond any logic to me.
I didn't say anything of the sort, maybe it didn't come across, the fact is that the same people that do this sort of thing would not condone their political opposites, say, the BNP defacing their idols, freedom of expression would not extend that far.