Author Topic: Manchester students deface poem by 'racist' Kipling  (Read 11804 times)

Corrupt council

Re: Manchester students deface poem by 'racist' Kipling
« Reply #30 on: 00:41:47, 29/07/18 »
PARKY , I fail to understand why and how you and so many others are getting your knickers in a twist over a students common room.

The students decided Kipling was racist so redecorated it with what they valued .

The right wing media have jumped upon it as some sort of anti British attack by people you call snowflakes .

Come on man your better than this you should be proud that the students of today are not brain washed into believing that historical figures who wrote a few story's and received prizes for there work were all sweetness and light.

They have researched the Indian born Kipling and found him to be very wanting . Even by the standards of those years he was in the opinion of the students a racist.

There common room they decided to have what they wanted on the walls.

If it was a common room in a Jewish school and they painted Adolf Hitler I'd expect the students to do the same.

If they painted pictures of the KKK in a black community I'd expect them to deface it.

To you maybe Rudyard was a saint to others a bigot and a white privilege propaganda illustration of all that is racist with Britain.

The values you hold dear are not the values the students of today do.

ROY.

Corrupt council

« Reply #31 on: 16:55:23, 05/08/18 »
Why is this a pinned post? Celeste.. did you draw the mutual?
ROY.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: 17:13:16, 05/08/18 »
No, remember I'm not the only moderator on here, and sometimes there is a glitch (or forum ghost) who locks topics, I've unlocked one recently!
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #33 on: 17:43:44, 05/08/18 »
PARKY , I fail to understand why and how you and so many others are getting your knickers in a twist over a students common room.

The students decided Kipling was racist so redecorated it with what they valued .

The right wing media have jumped upon it as some sort of anti British attack by people you call snowflakes .

Come on man your better than this you should be proud that the students of today are not brain washed into believing that historical figures who wrote a few story's and received prizes for there work were all sweetness and light.

They have researched the Indian born Kipling and found him to be very wanting . Even by the standards of those years he was in the opinion of the students a racist.

There common room they decided to have what they wanted on the walls.

If it was a common room in a Jewish school and they painted Adolf Hitler I'd expect the students to do the same.

If they painted pictures of the KKK in a black community I'd expect them to deface it.

To you maybe Rudyard was a saint to others a bigot and a white privilege propaganda illustration of all that is racist with Britain.

The values you hold dear are not the values the students of today do.
im going to be as silly as the students ( large children), and say although I like Kipling I’ve got to admit I’ve never kippled

Wythyboy

« Reply #34 on: 05:00:39, 19/02/19 »
Who are you to criticise? How dare you ‘Blacken’ the name of one of our greatest. You are fledglings. You know nothing and are a waste of tax payers money. Shame on you illiterates.

lozflan

« Reply #35 on: 16:53:14, 22/02/19 »
Saw a snippet of Jungle Book today. What a great time Sabu must have had with the elephants.    [unless it was a double]. Would rewatch it anytime,ageless.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason