Author Topic: Manchester council and others prepare for civil unrest after brexit  (Read 3182 times)

paperboy

Sorry....in relation to international affairs, trade, and industry, what exactly are your credentials again?

Oh, I see, you have none.

You have a million opinions, that much is obvious; but what's an opinion of yours worth these days?

I can see the seat of your fear CC, you're under-resourced, and it's only natural that someone of your social and economic standing would worry about the world events swirling around them.

If only being a troll could fix that, you'd be fine. But there's little currency in your investment. Don't worry too much though, the grown ups will take care of you. Britain will still be there post Brexit, and you'll still be bleating your little heart out on here too I expect.

I know....why not get a petition going to have you put in charge of the country, that way you can put the world to rights, and make sure those nasty Tories never get in power ever again.

There you go Celeste, not a single banned word in my reply. I hope this meets with Admin and your approval.

Corrupt council

First,

the basics. What is the WTO?

The WTO is the place where countries negotiate the rules of international trade - 164 countries are members and, if they don't have free trade agreements with each other, they trade under "WTO rules"

Which are?

Every WTO member has a list of tariffs (taxes on imports of goods) and quotas (limits on the number of goods) that they apply to other countries. These are known as their WTO schedules.

The average EU tariff is pretty low about 2.6 percent on agreement but, in some sectors, tariffs can be quite high.
Under WTO rules, cars and car parts, for example, would be taxed at 10% every time they crossed the UK-EU border. And agricultural tariffs are significantly higher, rising to an average of over 35% for dairy products.

After Brexit, the UK could choose to lower tariffs or waive them altogether, in an attempt to stimulate free trade.

That could mean some cheaper products coming into the country for consumers but it could also risk driving some UK producers out of business.

It's important to remember that, under the WTO's "most favoured nation" rules, the UK couldn't lower tariffs for the EU, or any specific country, alone. It would have to treat every other WTO member around the world in the same way.

Doesn't the UK already trade with many countrieses?

Yes it does, as part of the EU.

Examples include the United States and China, Brazil and Australia. In fact, it's any country with which the EU (and therefore the UK) has not signed a free trade agreement. That's when WTO rules kick in.

But it's more complicated than that. Those big economies don't just rely on WTO rules - they also have a series of bilateral agreements with the EU on top of that.[/font][/size]

The US, for example, has at least 20 agreements with the EU that help regulate specific areas of trade, covering everything from wine and bananas to insurance and energy-efficiency labelling.
« Last Edit: 04:52:20, 11/08/18 by Corrupt council »
ROY.

Corrupt council

The UK will not be part of the EU's Digital Single Market, which will continue to develop after our withdrawal from the EU."
]That means that the European regulation that prohibits roaming charges will not automatically be part of UK law, so UK mobile network operators,

if they want to  and more than likely will to maximise profits place roaming charges back on after 2020.
With out any cap on what they can charge.
ROY.