Author Topic: Who Should Replace Mourinho?  (Read 4895 times)

ExileSteve

Who Should Replace Mourinho?
« on: 07:01:45, 07/09/18 »
It's the question that's hot on the lips of all true ManYoo fans from Dagenham to....er.....Devon. Or China.

Who should replace the 'Special One' when he becomes the latest hapless loser to be invited to spend more time with his family by the OT Board of Directors?

I'll set the ball rolling. I've heard that Stuart Pearce is available right now. And so is Frank De Boer.

Any other ideas? Please put them on a postcard and send them to that Woodward chappie in Stretford, or wherever he is.

(P.S. Billy Davies, anyone?)

:D

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Who Should Replace Mourinho?
« Reply #1 on: 08:25:39, 07/09/18 »
Neither of the ones mentioned, if Mourinho resigns then give Zidane the job
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

« Reply #2 on: 21:50:45, 10/09/18 »
Oh yes, Zebedee will get the job for sure. No doubt discreet enquiries have already been made.  ;)

ExileSteve

« Reply #3 on: 21:40:29, 30/09/18 »
No need to panic after all.

With Manyoo snuggled in just behind Bournemouth they've got every reason to be optimistic about a top half finish. And if they put a bit of a run together they could even be in with a shout of a Europa League spot next season. Wow!!

And Mr Woodward is reported to be quite ecstatic about all that merchandising Pogba is managing to shift, even if he does play football like a man carrying two bags of heavy shopping.

Happy days are here again. Hoorah for United!

;D

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 10:28:08, 02/10/18 »
I get the feeling Pogba wants to leave and I'm not sure Mourinho is to blame, the only way to make Pogba content is to let him 'freewheel' round the pitch

Parky

« Reply #5 on: 11:47:51, 02/10/18 »
Even if certain players don’t like Jose they are cheating the fans with their recent performances ,  >:(

migky

« Reply #6 on: 13:54:12, 02/10/18 »
I want Man U to stay just they way they are  O0
Why change a loosing streak  ;D

Migky  ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 15:01:03, 02/10/18 »
For the money they receive, and it's reported some of them aren't performing they should be ashamed of themselves - perhaps they should all get a flat rate with bonuses if they play well :-\
« Last Edit: 15:04:05, 02/10/18 by celeste »

Parky

« Reply #8 on: 20:58:55, 02/10/18 »
I wish someone would replace Martin keown (the missing link )doing utd v Valencia commentary  :idiot2: :knuppel2:

ExileSteve

« Reply #9 on: 21:36:59, 02/10/18 »
I want Man U to stay just they way they are  O0
Why change a loosing streak  ;D

Migky  ;)

Me too. Let the pantomime continue!

And Pogba is the most overrated player currently in football, surely?

lozflan

« Reply #10 on: 18:26:45, 07/10/18 »
City_Liverpool    0_0       Missed penalty cost City dear.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

ExileSteve

« Reply #11 on: 00:09:03, 22/10/18 »
It must be great following the Rags! How many other clubs throw a spot of slapstick into the price of your membership or season ticket payments?

That little display of handbags at the Bridge reminded me of the time Parkinson met Rod Hull and his comedy ostrich, or whatever it was. So Mourinho took exception to a comment, did he? After everything that he's said about so many others throughout the years?

Oh dear, how sad.

:)

ExileSteve

« Reply #12 on: 22:03:11, 11/11/18 »
Well done to United in the local derby this afternoon (even though, in all honesty, our REAL 'derby' these days is against Liverpool).

You've got to hand it to them, those plucky little reds certainly put in a shift and didn't seem to let the occasion overwhelm them too much. It would have been so lovely for their fans to have enjoyed local bragging rights at work on Monday morning but, at the end of the day, Pep's boys have got another title to win and we had to get those three points. There's no room for sentiment in football, is there?

Never mind, it was a cheeky performance that certainly put an indulgent smile on the face of many a City supporter. Maybe the underdog can have another go next time we meet? After all, little clubs can often trip up the big teams if we let down our guard and start getting complacent.

Congratulations to Jose's lads once again, anyway. Thanks for trying to make a game of it.

;)

Parky

« Reply #13 on: 07:29:24, 12/11/18 »
Yes steve unfortunately you are spot on , City are indeed a fine team at the moment , I don’t live to far from the ground and I noticed some fans on their way home with half and half scarves  ::) , these people should be thrown in jail , but seriously and this in no way takes anything away from city’s stunning team , read / google Das Spiegals excellent report on Man City it’s certainly a eye opener , it makes the glasiers look like honest amateurs.

ExileSteve

« Reply #14 on: 21:56:55, 12/11/18 »
FFP is a corrupt cartel designed to cement the traditional elite into a comfort zone where their dominance of the game can never be challenged. Let us not forget that the chief proponent was the shyster and convicted crook Michelle Platini, which tells us much of what we need to know. It destroys dreams, hopes and aspirations by putting a glass ceiling on any club that isn't super-rich. Ultimately, of course, it is inevitable that it will destroy football itself for this very reason. By then, of course, the money men at Barca, Bayern, Real and all the rest will have made a fast buck and moved on to sit at home counting their gold ingots, not giving a rats about the welfare of the sport.

It is hugely to City's credit that the owners found a way around this loathsome scheme before the drawbridge went up. It is, in my opinion, unlikely that UEFA will take any serious action against either City or PSG, because they know full well that both of these clubs will use EU competition laws to mount a legal challenge that will almost certainly be successful. The authorities have too much to lose to risk the outcome in a court of law. Sadly for the Milans and Liverpools of this world their plotting has failed. They will simply have to work harder on the field of play as they struggle to keep up.