Author Topic: Hundreds of cabbies protest against cabbies from other cities taking their fares  (Read 1422 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/hundreds-cabbies-protest-against-out-13718686

The convoy of mostly black cabs made its way from Old Trafford to Deansgate, disrupting traffic along the way.

Does anyone know anything about this as I know of people who have been overcharged by a
taxi service from Wolverhampton?

Drivers’ fury centred around a ‘licensing loophole’ which they argue is jeopardising passenger safety - and their livelihoods.

The law they’re battling to change means private hire drivers licensed by other authorities like Rossendale, Oldham - and as far afield as London and Wolverhampton - can pick up pre-booked fares in Manchester.
« Last Edit: 15:31:30, 15/10/18 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

I understand the cabbies concern but making people late for hospital and other appointments is going to lose sympathy

Corrupt council

Black cabs have taken the Mickey mouse out of the public for years , over inflated prices .

I really do believe all cars should be able to be flagged down in areaswheres it is viable .

Black cabs stop any where with no concern for traffic. Why can they do this and normal cars can not?

It's time to sort out the entire transport system.

A recent report said Manchester development has been so mis managed ,the transport system is no longer coping.
ROY.

St Chads Lad

A sex offenders dreamdream, flagging down strangers in unregulated vehicles.
  That's a great idea  ::)
« Last Edit: 09:32:19, 16/10/18 by St Chads Lad »

Parky

A sex offenders dreamdream, flagging down strangers in unregulated vehicles.
  That's a great idea  ::)
some  of them are driving on a family members license

St Chads Lad

Sounds about right

Parky

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/hundreds-cabbies-protest-against-out-13718686

The convoy of mostly black cabs made its way from Old Trafford to Deansgate, disrupting traffic along the way.

Does anyone know anything about this as I know of people who have been overcharged by a
taxi service from Wolverhampton?

Drivers’ fury centred around a ‘licensing loophole’ which they argue is jeopardising passenger safety - and their livelihoods.

The law they’re battling to change means private hire drivers licensed by other authorities like Rossendale, Oldham - and as far afield as London and Wolverhampton - can pick up pre-booked fares in Manchester.
funnily enough I saw a couple of taxis in Manchester today licensed in Wolverhampton , how can that happen?

celeste

• Global Moderator
They can get their licences in other areas
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing