Author Topic: Kenneth Thomas Higgins  (Read 2131 times)

Cassie7

Kenneth Thomas Higgins
« on: 00:10:42, 16/10/18 »
Hi  I hope I'm posting this in the right place and that it is appropriate to make this enquiry here?  I am researching my family tree and my cousin has asked me to find information on her father Kenneth Thomas Higgins who was born 28 April 1928 at 48 Station Street, Openshaw.  He married my cousin's mother Joyce Norah Preedy in 1955.  They separated in 1959 and my cousin never knew her father.  She would love to know a bit about him and ideally would love to have a photograph of him.  My cousin was born at Old Ashton Road, Openshaw where the Higgins family had lived since at least 1891.  All I can find is that her father may have lived at Kintyre Close up until 2007 according to the electoral register.  I believe it may be the right person as the family seemed to have remained in that area.  As I can find no trace after that date I think he may have died, but am unable to find a record of his death.  I'd be grateful for any suggestions on finding information on him.  Many thanks 

Parky

Re: Kenneth Thomas Higgins
« Reply #1 on: 00:45:51, 16/10/18 »
Hi Cassie 7,have you tried Clayton Droylsden and openshaw forum on Facebook?, if not it’s worth a go , good luck

Cassie7

« Reply #2 on: 09:53:59, 16/10/18 »
Thanks so much for the suggestion - that's brilliant!  Cassie

oldron

« Reply #3 on: 12:17:35, 16/10/18 »

Hi Cassie,
Genealogy is one of my hobbies!

A 'Kenneth T Higgins' was listed as resident in Glossop according to the 1939 Registration act documents. Could have been an evacuee.
And a 'Kenneth Higgins' was resident at Gorton Parks nursing home in 2008. This is a stone's throw from his last address. Maybe worth giving them a phone call.

Regards, oldron.

Cassie7

« Reply #4 on: 12:56:25, 16/10/18 »
Hello

Oh dear I do sympathise - I started doing my family tree when I retired 5 years ago and am totally obsessed with it!   Thank you so much for taking the time to look this up - I'd found both the 1939 Register entry and the Gorton Parks address but am grateful to you for letting me know because it confirms that this is possibly him and I'm on the right track.  I did contact Gorton Parks and sent a letter asking it to be passed to his relatives.  The home phoned me and said that due to data protection and confidentiality they could only tell me that there is nobody of that name there now.  As he doesn't appear on the electoral register after 2008 I think it's likely he died around then and have applied for a death certificate to see if there is anything useful on there.  I'd love to find out about him for my cousin and am really hoping to track down a photograph.  The only blood relative my cousin ever had (until discovering me this year through an Ancestry DNA test!) is her mother who died in 1995 and grandfather.  Her mother never spoke about Kenneth and there is no paperwork or photographs relating to him.  Many thanks again, I really appreciate your kind help.  Cassie

oldron

« Reply #5 on: 14:27:08, 16/10/18 »

Well, it looks like you are doing all the right things.
Good luck in your searching!
Regards, oldron