Author Topic: Whatsapp 'buddy' Group  (Read 84 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Whatsapp 'buddy' Group
« on: 17:00:15, 04/12/18 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-46438540

Neighbours in a city centre have set up a Whatsapp "buddy" group so no-one has to walk home amid a spate of reported muggings.

A number of robberies, some late at night, in Castlefield, Manchester, are being investigated.

In response, residents in the area set up the group on the messaging app, Deansgate councillor William Jeavons said

Ch Insp Cherie Buttle said extra police patrols had been set up.

Community group Castlefield Forum said the area was "generally a safe place" but a "further disturbing incident" occurred on Sunday evening.

It advised people to "take extra care" and to think about their route after dark.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

Re: Whatsapp 'buddy' Group
« Reply #1 on: 19:01:00, 04/12/18 »
The report that I saw said that last weekend there had been six to eight violent  muggings in the area, which sounds pretty dangerous to me,  and one of the victims is blaming austerity, which is absolute bull, there's no excuse for this type of thing, I wonder if they actually catch the scum responsible if this guy will appear in court to speak up for them? I wouldn't be a bit surprised .

Parky

Re: Whatsapp 'buddy' Group
« Reply #2 on: 19:21:07, 04/12/18 »
The report that I saw said that last weekend there had been six to eight violent  muggings in the area, which sounds pretty dangerous to me,  and one of the victims is blaming austerity, which is absolute bull, there's no excuse for this type of thing, I wonder if they actually catch the scum responsible if this guy will appear in court to speak up for them? I wouldn't be a bit surprised .
i think Steve refered to the halfwit victim blaming austerity on his mugging on another post , Iíll wager the assailant is laughing uncontrollably at the halfwits   Naivity