Author Topic: Help /advice.  (Read 775 times)

Dorothyl

Help /advice.
« on: 01:30:30, 07/12/18 »
Hi everyone.
I'm in need of some help or advice.
I don't know if anyone can help with this. But I thought there is no harm in asking.

A few weeks ago I applied for my grandads army record's. I sent a email to the army record's department in Scotland about the form I had to fill in. Because I was confused on which parts  even though  I  read it over afew times. 

I also received a email from the army record's department in Scotland. Saying that they have a A.E Jones dob 27/9/14.  On there file's . But cant be 100 % sure  if it is my until grandfather until they call up the file's.

Apparently  I'm classed as the living next of kin because he's my grandad .
I have sent 2 emails  to them asking about my grandads army record's. Just to see when I will recieve them .and explained about our post man usually  post's  letters in the wrong doors..

I haven't had any replys back from them.

So I thought I'd ask if anyone can help me on this? 

Because  it is a lot of money for me especially when it was my birthday money.
I don't mind spending  money on something I want.  I only hope  that the one they have on file is my grandad.
If it isn't  I have lost my money.  Even though they said they wouldn't except any payments until they have the correct one .
 Which is confusing  because on the form  it says if unsuccessful there don't refund money.

Please can anyone help me with this? 

Thank you again for your time and help

Dorothy

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Help /advice.
« Reply #1 on: 09:00:33, 07/12/18 »
Hello Dorothy :)

If anyone can help Dorothy please reply O0
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Dorothyl

« Reply #2 on: 11:15:14, 07/12/18 »
Hello  celeste. O0

Thank you . I hope  I can get some help.
It's been bothering me about my grandads army record's .

Only because  it's a lot of money for me especially when it was my birthday money. And I might not get them.

I think I  will because of the email I received. Telling me that they can confirm that they have a .A.E Jones dob.27/9/1914 on there file's.

It's just the waiting for them.

Thank you again for your message 😊

Parky

« Reply #3 on: 12:29:40, 07/12/18 »
Many years ago I applied to the ministry of defence for one of my grandads war record , first I had to get my mother to give her permission as next of kin she had to dig out her birth certificate and send them to the mod we then got a letter back saying they would conduct a search for his records but a lot of war records were damaged in a air raid in World War Two made worse by water damage ,but we would still have to pay the fee even though we had no guarantee of them being intact , which unfortunately they wasn’t , fast forward twenty years and I decided to look for my other grandfathers war records , this time I contacted the nearest Mormon church ( a lot keep all sorts of records) and was directed to their records section there they ordered the records on microfilm and within two weeks I was viewing my grandads war records for a small fee , my grandads surname starts with s so I had to look through all the s but it didn’t take that long . So I would give the Mormon church family history centre a ring or email, good luck Dorothy